Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:58 am
Just Joined

allyinnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Might be able to make the 10th - will be back in NZ on 7th and have visitors arriving shortly after

Yup - it is a "little britian" - of sorts!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Newfies
Shall we have a roll call as to who is interested in a meet up on Sunday the 10th January for a picnic weather depending. All are welcome!

Just so I know who to send pm with my mobile number.
We are still up for meeting - just let me know where and what time x

Colandros - i will be bringing the OH and both boys - that should help even the numbers up for you x If you dont come and the others dont bring the OHs then mine will be the only one there - then he will hate it x please come xx (best smiliey face)

Are we any closer to sorting out a where yet?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by allyinnz
Might be able to make the 10th - will be back in NZ on 7th and have visitors arriving shortly after

Yup - it is a "little britian" - of sorts!
Where are you arriving from - we arrive in NZ on the 7th also - coming from heathrow via singapore - just wondering if you were on the same plane?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Question Re: Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Just checked our itinerary and we are landing in Auckland at almost midnight on the 6th from Singapore. Awful time to arrive so we are staying in a hotel for the remainder of the night. Does that coincide with your flight?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Just checked our itinerary and we are landing in Auckland at almost midnight on the 6th from Singapore. Awful time to arrive so we are staying in a hotel for the remainder of the night. Does that coincide with your flight?
We must be the next flight in after you - we leave heathrow at 10pm on 5th, no idea what time we go through singapore - but we arrive 12 ish dinner time on the 7th in Auckland.

Would have been wierd though eh - if you had been in the seat next to us and we didnt know till we all turn up for our picnic.

Hows the christmas back home going? is it the first time you have come back?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Small world hey - pity about the flights but very close!

Christmas here is great - good to catch up with our family and friends. The snow has added another dimension, we arrived a week ago sunburnt (whoops) and now we are freezing and peeling!!!

It is our first trip back so there is lots of catching up to do.

I expect you are busy with all sorts of things at the moment! You must be getting quite excited for your new adventure.

Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Small world hey - pity about the flights but very close!

Christmas here is great - good to catch up with our family and friends. The snow has added another dimension, we arrived a week ago sunburnt (whoops) and now we are freezing and peeling!!!

It is our first trip back so there is lots of catching up to do.

I expect you are busy with all sorts of things at the moment! You must be getting quite excited for your new adventure.

Really excited but i just want to be there now. this saying godbye thing is crap - not something i would want to do often thats for sure!

We have just got back from Manchester - across the M62 - that was a horrible trip in very heavy snow yesterday - we nearly turned back - No1 son wasnt impressed as we were heading to see the Pet Shop Boys at the MEN arena. but we stuck it out and it was FAB. Easy and very beautiful drive back home this morning.

Now all that is left is the christmas and new year thing then we can be off. 2 weeks tmrw bugger

Whereabouts are you spending the christmas here - wheres the family based?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

We will be in snowy Sussex for Christmas day. Weather permitting we will go to Nottingham as that is where we have the bulk of the family and then to Norwich for a meet up with lots of old friends ....

The time is going by fast and it won't be long before we are on that never-ending flight home!!

Pet Shop boys sounded fun - quite a few bands come and play in NZ (main cities) and that is always exciting, the Kiwi's love their music...
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

We will be in snowy Sussex for Christmas day. Weather permitting we will go to Nottingham as that is where we have the bulk of the family and then to Norwich for a meet up with lots of old friends ....

The time is going by fast and it won't be long before we are on that never-ending flight home!!

Pet Shop boys sounded fun - quite a few bands come and play in NZ (main cities) and that is always exciting, the Kiwi's love their music...
fun - is a good word for it x

Do you have any children - is it just you and the OH?

Just gonna have to wait it out now for the rest of em in Hams to arrange where we are meeting - Anyone got any suggestions yet??
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i've just got my rota for the new year and i'm on night duty on the 10th
so i could make it as i dont start until 11pm.
I just need to know when and where ?
somewhere near the river would be nice.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

So it seem that there are a few of us then for 'a picnic at the lake'??? (all ok with this, seemed to be the general feelof the thread)

on the 11th January 2010 where has the past year gone?

What do you do for work conandros?
will start to pm people my contact details!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 8:26 am
Just Joined

11th sounds good - the lake is the perfect place since it has a playground for young children.

My son is 14 years old and depending upon any plans he has made for the with his mates he may or may not come along.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone. When I arrived 2 years ago I went straight into work - hit the ground running - and didn't know a sole. This website is great - wish I had known about this before now!
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newfies
on the 11th January 2010 where has the past year gone?
11th sounds good
Eerrrr!!!! Do you mean the Sunday 10th ????
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colandros
Eerrrr!!!! Do you mean the Sunday 10th ????
I thought it was the 10th aswell!!

Allyinnz - is there any chance you could talk your young man into joining us - i have a 12 year old chap of my own who would appreciate a mate aswell

Looking forward to meeting with you all - on the 10th - by some river, somewhere - have no idea
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
by some river, somewhere - have no idea
If ever a statement screemed "i've never been to hamilton" thats it
see you there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.