Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Originally Posted by Newfies
So have we been invaded by you psycho??? LOL

Ok so if you are arriving on the 7th January 2010 if we leave it till about the 10th ish to the meet will that make everyone happy?

Where abouts are you going to be living/working psycho? have you sorted out a rental yet?

Where abouts are you living/working padowzi?

I live rural north of Hamilton. hubby 3 dogs no children work at the hospital.

Season greetings and see you all in the new year
Our rental that we have got arranged for the first 3 weeks is in Hamilton East - near the river apparently?? this will mean more to you i guess than it does to me lol
The 10th sounds good i would say - its a sunday - at least it says so on my calendar!! Should have got over the jet lag by then eh we arrive around lunchtime on the thursday.
I will hopefully be able to get on line when we first arrive unless we arrange a time n a place that will be easy to find before we set off on the 5th.
It feels somewhat surreal arranging to meet people i have never met and who are currently on the otherside of the world! how fab is that x
Just so you know i am an estate agent at the moment but for a while at least when we arrive i will be a SAHM for a bit to settle the small ones in - they are boys age 8 + 12 (dont know what i was thinking )

And what do you mean 'invaded' i was here first - sort of
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

padozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant future

Ham East is nice and central,we like living here.What school will your kids be going to?The 10th sounds good.Maybe if we pick somewhere before might be better incase you dont get the internet sorted in time.Will put my thinking cap on as it needs to be somewhere kid friendly(especially as our 18 month old is not great at sitting still for long)
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I work in Ham east/fairfield, where abouts are you ?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hamilton/Waikato meetup

Well we are mundane hubby and I both work at the hospital. Boring and uncommon I know!

Will have a think over the next day or two for child friendly places. Depending on whather we could do picnic. If weather bad the only thing that I can think of is McDonalds and the one by 5 cross roads is the better one as it has a good play area!.

Will have a ponder over the next day or three Could pm people my mobile number as I am sure you will at least sort out a phone in the interim if you dont manage internet.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

padozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant future

Colandros-we're about a 10 min walk from Ham East village,near Peachgrove and Clyde.

Newfies-a picnic might be good if the weather is fine,maybe the lake?Then if the weather is bad we could eat in the cafe there(it's licensed also,so can have a drink as well!)
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by padozwi
Colandros-we're about a 10 min walk from Ham East village,near Peachgrove and Clyde.

Newfies-a picnic might be good if the weather is fine,maybe the lake?Then if the weather is bad we could eat in the cafe there(it's licensed also,so can have a drink as well!)
Hello
just in the middle of blowing up balloons for the leaving party tomorrow and thought i would check in as my lips have gone numb!!

So - col - you want to join our party? yeah the more the merrier

I have no idea what street we are on - he just said the East!!

We have got a longer term rental sorted in Cambridge so we are sorting schools in that direction at the moment - but nothing set in bricks n mortar x

I'm getting excited now.

Hows things going with you pads...you feeling any perkier yet.. you was a bit down when you started this x

I like the idea of a picnic - and the licenced bit - not sure about the mcdonalds - although that would probably be the right place for the kids!!!

To be fair i am so easy i should be ashamed xx whatever you all decide just let me know n we will find you.

Psycho
More puff now!!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Another thought to meet would be Waterworld at Te Rapa.

Kids can play on splash pad or hydro slide and swim whilst adults can have a picnic and bbq in the huge ground that they have. I would imagine that you can byo alcohol or if you wanted to join in you could.

Hamilton garden is also nice to walk around and have a picnic but probably dull for the kids.

There are also pleanty of cafe and bars but these arent so good for children due to the boredem factor.

What does everone else think? I would probably say Waterworld would be the better choice
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone,my little fellow would normally love the water but he's having a lot of problems with ear infections at the moment ,waiting to see an ENT in late jan,so we need to keep him out of the water.So would prefer either the lake or the gardens,preferably the lake.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Psychopandy
We have got a longer term rental sorted in Cambridge so we are sorting schools in that direction at the moment - but nothing set in bricks n mortar x
Psycho
More puff now!!
Hi Psycho, where's the Cambridge house then? Piccies on Trademe?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Its just accross the green belt from me
I took some piccies of it and the local area a couple
of weeks ago and sent them off to Psycho.
Sounds like they will have plenty of friends already
in hams before they move down to Tree town.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colandros
Its just accross the green belt from me
I took some piccies of it and the local area a couple
of weeks ago and sent them off to Psycho.
Sounds like they will have plenty of friends already
in hams before they move down to Tree town.
I dont know how to do photos!!!!

I know the OH has a link - we did find it on trademe - i think its grey and looks new and lovely.
As soon as he has a bit more time -things still a bit mad here-i will get him to assist me in doing it.
Sorry i am crap i know.

Also the idea of the Waterworld - i think that sounds fab - sod the kids - i want a go on the hydro slide
We will do that a different day when Pads little on is fixed. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Psycho x
Old Dec 19th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

allyinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Moved to Cambridge in 2007 (although we are currently back in UK for xmas visit). Would love to go to one your meet ups in January 2009! Time has flown past and we have settled into our new life very well. Hope the move goes well for those of you who are still in the process. You get there in the end and it is worth it
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Theres a reason the locals call cambridge little britain
Theres loads of us here
Old Dec 20th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Shall we have a roll call as to who is interested in a meet up on Sunday the 10th January for a picnic weather depending. All are welcome!

Just so I know who to send pm with my mobile number.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

might be intrested but i have a feeling it might be me and lots of ladies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.