Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hamilton New Zealand Soccer

Hamilton New Zealand Soccer

Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

padozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant future
Default Hamilton New Zealand Soccer

Hi, just wondering if anyone is interested in a mid week soccer kickabout in Hamilton or know of a kickabout I could join. Mid week social kickabout which may also get to enter one of the social leagues around Hamilton. Since we moved to Hamilton have been finding it hard to find a team that play during the week and caters for the slightly over the hill 30's plus who isn't that fit or talented but enjoys a game.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamilton New Zealand Soccer

Originally Posted by padozwi
Hi, just wondering if anyone is interested in a mid week soccer kickabout in Hamilton or know of a kickabout I could join. Mid week social kickabout which may also get to enter one of the social leagues around Hamilton. Since we moved to Hamilton have been finding it hard to find a team that play during the week and caters for the slightly over the hill 30's plus who isn't that fit or talented but enjoys a game.
FOOTBALL
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh the beautiful game.

I've got a mate who plays social around the cambridge/Hautapu area,
when i see him next i'll find out when and whereand let you know.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Someone at work plays for Melville.

He is back at work this week after a visit back to the olde blighty, Ill ask and let you know.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

padozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant futurepadozwi has a brilliant future

Cheers,that would be good.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Hi - we are in hamilton & my husband is a footie fan, he misses it so much. he's been trying to find a team to watch but no luck. Who's your team in uk?
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to but in but theres only one team in the uk.
Manchester United
and yes i am from manchester or the kingdom of Mancunia as we
prefere tp call it
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

I support the Pool!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:13 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

I support the Pool!
Yeah Hartlepool are great!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I support the Pool!
Hang on while i just go and check my car wheels are still there.

Yep all ok

only kidding mate

Last edited by Justcol; Dec 4th 2009 at 3:03 am.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
.....only kidding mate
now that is funny..........
and I'd always take the Pool over the Mancs........
until Shrek scores a hat-trick on 11 July to put another star on the shirt

(in our dreams of course)
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:43 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

cruise around the grounds used by the clubs on a Tuesday or Wednesday and ask the lads who are there - there is probably a Summer Soccer mid-week league with social teams. Most teams for those leagues will be settled now but you never know I filled in at a mixed summer game the other week when a guy who just emailed the club was playing for the first time for a couple of years and that was fine, although he could have done with a little more pace, and he was probably 15 years younger than yours truly!

We train/kick about on a Wednesday in Summer and play in the Friday league, most of us are over 40 and are definitely "social".

Sporting Pulse host the fixtures/results/leagues for most of the northern NZ associations and has many club websites - here are those for Waikato/BoP:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_p...c=1-4203-0-0-0

That will give you an idea of the size of the clubs. Good luck and those with local knowledge will probably be of more help!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that info.Will look into into and hopefully I'll get a game at some stage.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

A work colleague trains on a tuesday and wednesday and play on a saturday, at Melville club by the hospital 6 - 8 pm starting mid february
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Cheers.