Hamilton

Old Aug 11th 2014, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

sghall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hamilton

Hi
Hubby has a job offer in Hamilton, our eoi has been drawn from the pool for assessment.
Looking for some areas in Hamilton to settle? Hubby wil be working at te rapa so ideally a suburb close to there with decent school and childcare facilities for our two boys aged 5 and 17months!
Old Aug 12th 2014, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamilton

theres not a lot of traffic in Hams so you can commute fairly easily.
I'm in Cambridge and I used to commute to Maui St up Te Rapa way, it took me 30 mins and with the new roads going in it'll be even easier.
Rototuna is a nice place for young families, schools and plenty of amenities are close by, I find it a little soul less but I have friends who live
there who really like it. The houses are all fairly modern and there are plenty of them so you shouldnt have much trouble finding a place that suits.
Other places I would look at are Huntington, Flagstaff and St Andrews.

Depends on your budget when buying but theres something for everyone up there

Stuff to buy Property search results - Find real estate on Trade Me Property

Stuff to rent Property search results - Find real estate on Trade Me Property

I would also recommend not discounting the smaller towns like Cambridge or Te Awamutu
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:55 am
Just Joined

shimmyalishake is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. J just a note to say hello and that I live in Hamilton.
I moved up fromChristchurch in November.
Lots of new subdivisions north of the city all handy to Te Rapa. It's the major road in/ out of the city heading north so easy to get to from most places. Agree with Justcol's comments and suggestions of suburbs above.
Happy to help with any questions you may have!

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 24th 2014 at 9:34 pm. Reason: sort the text speak so easier to read . cheers.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 7:59 am
Just Joined

shimmyalishake is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Justcol. See you have been a member here for a while so do you know if there is a group of British expats that get together for a social outing every now and then?
I thought it might be a nice thing to do if you know any others living in the Hamilton Waikato area?

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 24th 2014 at 9:35 pm. Reason: easier to read for others
Old Aug 12th 2014, 8:48 am
Just Joined

midgetjen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , we live about 20mins from Hamilton and spend a lot time there, myself and my husband are both from Scotland and we would been keen on british meet ups x
Old Aug 12th 2014, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shimmyalishake
Hi Justcol, see u have been a member here for a while so do u know if there is a group of British expats that get together for a social outing every now n then? I thought it might b a nice thing to do if u know any others living in th Hamilton Waikato area?
yeah been on here for yonks, perhaps too long.
many brits are funny folk, they want to meet new peeps but dont do anything about it
I went to a meet up in hams organised on here and met a nice young couple, very chatty.
we talked and I thought they look familiar but I couldnt place them. We chatted some more.
turns out had had been my next door neighbour for about 4 months but hadnt bothered
to even pop over the fence to say Hi.

I'm not saying you are like this, it just tickled me.
Sorry but I dont know of any meet ups and TBH I wouldnt go, its just not my kind of thing
I'm in the pub after work talking to anyone at the bar about three times a week, if you find yourself
at the bar stood next to a handsome balding mancunian, say hello and buy him a pint
Old Aug 12th 2014, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
yeah been on here for yonks, perhaps too long.
many brits are funny folk, they want to meet new peeps but dont do anything about it
I went to a meet up in hams organised on here and met a nice young couple, very chatty.
we talked and I thought they look familiar but I couldnt place them. We chatted some more.
turns out had had been my next door neighbour for about 4 months but hadnt bothered
to even pop over the fence to say Hi.
Neither had you.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Neither had you.
I was only there as a regular from here to make the new folks
feel more at ease and as i'd been here for a good while, to answer
any questions or offer advice to the new arrivals.
I had been here for some time and didn't even know I had new neighbours
but when I first arrived and knew no one I made a point of saying
Hello to the folks next door and asking them over for a beer

Last edited by Justcol; Aug 13th 2014 at 8:16 am.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Pippab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi' I live in Hamilton, in the flagstaff area, I totally love it here.and our two girls have settled in really well. There are a few groups to join if your interested, 3 new schools being built too. Hope you have settled in , where did you end up settling?
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi pippab
We leave Scotland 3 weeks today and arrive in Hamilton on 12th Oct! Looking forward to it. Hoping to rent in flagstaff or rototuna initially but proving difficult to get anything lined up for us arriving so will be a motel somewhere for longer than we thought I think!!
Old Sep 24th 2014, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Pippab is an unknown quantity at this point

You may already know, but there is a website called trademe, where there are lots of real estate for rentals on there, well worth a look. If not pop up to Rototuna and go into the real estate offices and ask there, they may take you straight to rentals that are available. Good luck. Hope you find do etching pretty quickly.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 9:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Justcol
turns out had had been my next door neighbour for about 4 months but hadnt bothered to even pop over the fence to say Hi.
Originally Posted by Robbie2010
Neither had you.
Quite. You're not a Kiwi yet then Col.
It is the Kiwi way to call in on new neighbours with some muffins or similar to introduce yourselves.

Originally Posted by midgetjen
Hi , we live about 20mins from Hamilton and spend a lot time there, myself and my husband are both from Scotland and we would been keen on british meet ups x
Originally Posted by shimmyalishake
--- so do you know if there is a group of British expats that get together for a social outing every now and then?
I thought it might be a nice thing to do if you know any others living in the Hamilton Waikato area?
Originally Posted by Pippab
Hi' I live in Hamilton, in the flagstaff area, I totally love it here.and our two girls have settled in really well. There are a few groups to join if your interested, 3 new schools being built too. Hope you have settled in , where did you end up settling?
Perhaps you three could start a new thread on here called Hamilton Meet-Up and arrange something.
Sometimes it is really nice to connect with others like that. Especially when new to an area.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Arrived in Hamilton nearly two weeks ago, moving into a rental at the weekend. Liking it so far, people very friendly and lots to do with the kids and weather has been fab so far!! Hopefully start meeting people when we move into our house!
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Glad you made it and welcome to NZ, hope you settle in quickly.

I believe this was written for all migrants to NZ

Old Oct 21st 2014, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Toodles23 is on a distinguished road

Aw! We first saw that in a pub in Kaikoura when we visited in 2012.

Can't say it was on the list of things to persuade us to move :-P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.