British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Hail in the Hutt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/hail-hutt-501787/)

Maz Dec 26th 2007 9:42 pm

Hail in the Hutt

Couldn't believe it yesterday. Day started out beautifully! :heart: Then as we were on our way over to Jac & Adie's for the BBQ, Jac called me. It was hailing there. Looked like snow when we got there it was so thick. Hubby said something about it being "just like home" :rofl: (Chicago, so snow everywhere)

It was surreal to say the least. Only got rain in Porirua, that was enough.

So J&A, you going to post the piccies? :D

phil01 Dec 26th 2007 10:32 pm

Re: Hail in the Hutt

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5706609)
Couldn't believe it yesterday. Day started out beautifully! :heart: Then as we were on our way over to Jac & Adie's for the BBQ, Jac called me. It was hailing there. Looked like snow when we got there it was so thick. Hubby said something about it being "just like home" :rofl: (Chicago, so snow everywhere)

We have been lucky and had a hot sunny week so far here in Northland...so hot am in need of more aftersun, one day i'll learn!

Maz Dec 26th 2007 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 5706730)
We have been lucky and had a hot sunny week so far here in Northland...so hot am in need of more aftersun, one day i'll learn!

Want some rain? :rofl: Actually it's finished now, was a bit on the parky side this morning, and raining, but it's turning out to be a lovely afternoon. :thumbup:

Slip slap slop! ;)

spackster Dec 27th 2007 4:31 am

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5706609)

Piccies as requested :D ;

Maz Dec 27th 2007 5:52 am

Thanks so much for posting those, Jac! Wow... surreal. Absolutely unreal, that was so bizarre!

spackster Dec 27th 2007 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5707581)
Thanks so much for posting those, Jac! Wow... surreal. Absolutely unreal, that was so bizarre!

And all that fell in five minutes. Never seen hail like it. At least we had a white christmas, even if it was a day late.:D