Had Medicals

Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

ssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to all
Thumbs up Had Medicals

We have had our medicals today at Moor park ave, in Preston, Lancashire, with Dr S.Omerod, all i can say is, he and the team there were brilliant .From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we were made to feel welcome and treated with respect and dignity
We have 3 children aged 14,12 & 4 and they were totally at ease with the Dr who had our 4 year old daughter as his assistant which made her feel ever so proud Everything that he was doing was explained before he did it, and he was more than happy to answer any concerns or questions that we asked.
We then drove about 3 miles to Fulwood Hall Hospital to have the x rays done and once again can only praise them for there excellent skills in dealing with a family of 5 in a patient and very quick and prompt way .
All in all what started out as a very scary and daunting day turned into a pleasant one and renewed our faith in medical treatment in this country (ok we had to take out a second mortgage to pay for it all, but hey you can't have everything can you) If you wish to know the total cost or have any questions PM me for further details
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Default Re: Had Medicals

That's good to hear, me and OH are from Preston (small world). Just rec ITA today so going to start the process very soon. How long did you have to wait to get the medicals?

J
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

ssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to allssnjeff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jeany
That's good to hear, me and OH are from Preston (small world). Just rec ITA today so going to start the process very soon. How long did you have to wait to get the medicals?

J
We rang them up and was offered various dates, you will only have to wait a few days as this was about the 1st appointment we were offered but didn't fit in with us. We booked for 2 weeks from 1st contact and had no problems. We have been told that we can collect them this Friday which is 1 week after having them done? Hope this is what you required, and when are you hoping to move out to NZ. As you say it's a small place and you always seem to think that there is only you going through the process in your area.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future

We will hopefully be heading to the South Island, not sure whereabouts as we don't have jobs to go to, we will look when we get there. We spent 3 months in Queenstown 4 years ago and loved it but I doubt we will be able to afford to live there! We have some friends in Christchurch so that would probably be a good choice.

Just enquired re medicals, I knew they were going to expensive but didn't realise exactly how much! Ahhhh!

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry just read back your post, you didn't ask where we are going but when!

We are just about to go into a rented house for 6 months so we will be looking at April time, really want to be out there for the start of the ski season.

How about you?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssnjeff
We have had our medicals today at Moor park ave, in Preston, Lancashire, with Dr S.Omerod, all i can say is, he and the team there were brilliant .From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we were made to feel welcome and treated with respect and dignity
We have 3 children aged 14,12 & 4 and they were totally at ease with the Dr who had our 4 year old daughter as his assistant which made her feel ever so proud Everything that he was doing was explained before he did it, and he was more than happy to answer any concerns or questions that we asked.
We then drove about 3 miles to Fulwood Hall Hospital to have the x rays done and once again can only praise them for there excellent skills in dealing with a family of 5 in a patient and very quick and prompt way .
All in all what started out as a very scary and daunting day turned into a pleasant one and renewed our faith in medical treatment in this country (ok we had to take out a second mortgage to pay for it all, but hey you can't have everything can you) If you wish to know the total cost or have any questions PM me for further details
Hi,
We leave for NZ on 7th Nov, we have all paperwork ready including police checks but with no job offer we havent done anything about the medicals.
We are going to visit my sister in Atherton during half term. Do you think it would be worth contacting the doctors you used. Do you think they could fit us in that quick and if so do you have the number for them both and how far away from Atherton is it. Cheers. carole
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,
We leave for NZ on 7th Nov, we have all paperwork ready including police checks but with no job offer we havent done anything about the medicals.
blimey, thought we were cutting it fine - we have meds booked for 2 Nov in B/ham - could be a cancellation before then as my job is no more and MrsL's is now part-time .... so the ITA will take 3-4+ months to arrive....grrrr......
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,
We are going to visit my sister in Atherton during half term. Do you think it would be worth contacting the doctors you used. Do you think they could fit us in that quick and if so do you have the number for them both and how far away from Atherton is it. Cheers. carole
Carole If you ring and explain your situation im sure that they would be able to fit you in? and from Atherton its straight up the M6 to Preston, take around 20-30 Mins tops.
The numbers are Dr's 01772 251507 and X-Rays 01772 70411 ext 238.
Hope this helps and let us no how you get on, and all the best with your last minute mad dash!!
ssnjeff