Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

had a lovely weekend

had a lovely weekend

Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default had a lovely weekend

went up to Paraparumu, dropped kids and hubby off at the beach and met up with a girlfriend for a cuppa, a slice and a natter. Then walked round the market, so tempted by some of the art work but still having boxes everywhere couldn't really get anything yet.
did a bit of window shopping then met up with kids and hubby again, apparently there was only 3 other people on the stretch of beach they were on. kids played in the playground, its fantastic that NZ has these playgrounds for the kids and that they are clean. Us adults sat and chatted some more.
Then today we met up with friends and their kids at Battle Hill Farm for a spot of GeoCaching and a hike up the trail to the top for the stunning views over what is apparently going to become Transmission gully. (shame if it ever happens).

Its been a rather simple weekend but very enjoyable.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:11 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: had a lovely weekend

Good for you. You sound more positive than some of your recent posts so hopefully life in NZ is getting easier.

I worked on Saturday but had a day off yesterday. Even put a summer dress on Went for a drive to Sumner for lunch but where we wanted to eat was closed due to quake damage. We hadn't been over there for a while
Ended up going elsewhere and sitting outside with a pint and a burger. It was lovely to just relax in the sun.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:35 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: had a lovely weekend

Well this weekend just spent in Wellington city with my best friend, stayed at the James cook hotel, got a bus from Wanganui cost me $23.00 return and met my friend a hour later as she was coming from Napier. Had a nice wine in the Trax bar at the railway station, friday night was spent having a few wines in the hotel lobby then dressed to the nines had a lovely salmon risotto at Italian on Courtney place, then the bars and danced Till 2 am and met some lovely people who where out enjoying themselves.

Saturday was spend shopping bought some new clothes and shoes and stopped for a chilled glass of wine on lambton quay, then dressed up out for yummy lamb shanks in a restaurant by the quay, which name escapes me,

Then bars and Boogie wonderland till the early hours. My feet kill me btw.

What amazes me Is the young guys and older ones that join in and dance with you!

Had such a great time now back to reality in Wangas