hacked off

Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:25 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: hacked off

Amanda and Rascalmate:
you two are telling it exactly like it is for professionals. It's the same in IT.
I've never seen my OH so 'broken' in spirit trying to just go with the flow of the so called huge co he works for here in NZ. they hire him as a Consultant and ignore him. It's rife here.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:43 pm
Clear sighted member

tootsie will become famous soon enough

Good on you guys for telling the truth and laying out some of the facts of life about working in NZ.

I wish more people were as open and honest as you - then there would be a real force for change in this country.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

danny fearon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppets
Ok i had my moan & a crappy week & after a friends young son was taken into hospital to have a brain tumour removed i decided that my life wasn't to bad & sh*t happens where ever you live, a job will turn up sooner or later & in the mean time both hubby & i are going to set up a buisness each!!!! :scared: Very early stages at mo but atleast we're taking the bull by the horns & trying to sort something out.

Sorry about all the crap you're having mate. We aint even there yet and it sounds terrifying!! My missus and me starting in Well Hospital as senior staff,and have heard similar stories elsewhere in the country. No point in asking for experience if you're not prepared to utilise it.
Change management is a bitch if you're not used to having or using it.
Re your mates boy. I work on a similar ward in Liverpool,kids just adapt and get on with it,it's the grown ups who suffer and do all the worrying-hope he's ok. Take care, Danny
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny fearon
Sorry about all the crap you're having mate. We aint even there yet and it sounds terrifying!! My missus and me starting in Well Hospital as senior staff,and have heard similar stories elsewhere in the country. No point in asking for experience if you're not prepared to utilise it.
Change management is a bitch if you're not used to having or using it.
Re your mates boy. I work on a similar ward in Liverpool,kids just adapt and get on with it,it's the grown ups who suffer and do all the worrying-hope he's ok. Take care, Danny

Thanks Danny, i've got over it know it was just a crap week really, & things always appear worse when you're feeling down don't they. Dispite no job we love it here the job thing is a small glitch that we'll sort out, at least you don't have that worry as you have jobs waiting for you It was your comment on any body having a sh.... day that make me kick myself up the arse, cos my family are all healthy & happy, life could be so much worse! I know what you mean about the kids just get on with it , my bessie mate is a peds nurse & used to work at the Royal Free with the CF kids. Your job is not one i could do, to emotional, i admire you greatly
Update on my freinds lad - most of tumour removed, small piece left to dangerous to remove, but not the big C, is home after a week recovering, & eatting which is a major thing for him as couldn't eat before without being sick, so is very underweight so hopefully will be fit & heathly from now in

Re suburbs in wellington go to http://www.propertystuff.co.nz find your suburb & click on suburb profile, also if you need enrolement zones for schools try http://www.schoolzones.co.nz
Good luck
Old Jul 31st 2006, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
Thanks Danny, i've got over it know it was just a crap week really, & things always appear worse when you're feeling down don't they. Dispite no job we love it here the job thing is a small glitch that we'll sort out, at least you don't have that worry as you have jobs waiting for you It was your comment on any body having a sh.... day that make me kick myself up the arse, cos my family are all healthy & happy, life could be so much worse! I know what you mean about the kids just get on with it , my bessie mate is a peds nurse & used to work at the Royal Free with the CF kids. Your job is not one i could do, to emotional, i admire you greatly
Update on my freinds lad - most of tumour removed, small piece left to dangerous to remove, but not the big C, is home after a week recovering, & eatting which is a major thing for him as couldn't eat before without being sick, so is very underweight so hopefully will be fit & heathly from now in

Re suburbs in wellington go to http://www.propertystuff.co.nz find your suburb & click on suburb profile, also if you need enrolement zones for schools try http://www.schoolzones.co.nz
Good luck

Glad he's doing better lady,always good to hear,especially if the tumour isn't too active. Thanks for your advice on sites,gratefully received. As I'm writing this a stolen car has just sped past with a kid so small it looked like Night Rider or summat! Nothing like a reminder to see what we're not going to miss.
Have a good week girl-you deserve one I reckon.