British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   G'won then. What's your New Year resolutions? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/gwon-then-whats-your-new-year-resolutions-646949/)

BEVS Jan 1st 2010 8:18 pm

G'won then. What's your New Year resolutions?

So, what New Year resolutions have you made.

Mine is to seriously cut down on the vino and to lose the weight I put on during 2009. I want to get back some of the fitness I used to have.

Dewb09 Jan 2nd 2010 8:32 am

Re: G'won then. What's your New Year resolutions?

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8211498)
So, what New Year resolutions have you made.

Mine is to seriously cut down on the vino and to lose the weight I put on during 2009. I want to get back some of the fitness I used to have.

Ditto, I would love to lose some weight and not have breathing difficulty when reaching top off house! not actually joking & no do not have 5 story house either :o

I have another though and that is to REMEBER to tick the box so threads I post on do not come to my inbox in my email account! I end up with so many :rofl:

Dewb x

BEVS Jan 2nd 2010 8:47 am

I started off well. :)

A chinese take-away and a bottle of Mateus Rose. :(

Stress though. Husband was with me and I hate shopping.

Dewb09 Jan 2nd 2010 9:06 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8212405)
I started off well. :)

A chinese take-away and a bottle of Mateus Rose. :(

Stress though. Husband was with me and I hate shopping.

Oh Bev :unsure: never mind there is always today.

So far so good one black coffee, but then I have only been up an hour :eek:

Dewb x

MnB Jan 2nd 2010 10:32 am

Braved the bathroom scales this morning ....:eek::eek:
No NY resolution has suddenly changed in to 'Must loose weight & get on that wagon!!' :blink:

And like you Dewb....must remember to tick that box!;)

:lol:

Am Loolah Jan 2nd 2010 7:18 pm

My resolution is the same as you BEVS - the Husband's is to be friendlier and more sociable.:ohmy:

This meant he accepted an invitation to drinks at the neighbours and buggered my resolution straight away!:lol:

Oh well, start again today.:cool:

janek Jan 2nd 2010 7:24 pm

Mine is the same as every year; an on-going struggle to become more modern:cool:

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 2nd 2010 7:53 pm

I'm giving up all Class A, B & C drugs & smoking this year.

:rofl:

Stoof Jan 2nd 2010 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8213364)
I'm giving up all Class A, B & C drugs & smoking this year.

:rofl:

Vitals, that made me almost wet myself... (TMI??!!??) anyway... i was thinking i might have a baby, then do what BEVS et al are doing.... (though i haven't actually 'resolved' so who knows!?!?)

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 3rd 2010 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 8213738)
Vitals, that made me almost wet myself... (TMI??!!??) anyway... i was thinking i might have a baby, then do what BEVS et al are doing.... (though i haven't actually 'resolved' so who knows!?!?)

Sorry :o. Wasn't your waters going was it???????:eek: I have a photocopy of a couple of pages for you about VBAC. Are you around this week & I'll let you have it. It supports a couple of things you want ;)

weejie Jan 3rd 2010 8:09 am

Drink less vino,exercise more,lose weight.......but going away on hols next week so it will need to wait until I return:p

Phyl x

Stoof Jan 3rd 2010 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8214089)
Sorry :o. Wasn't your waters going was it???????:eek: I have a photocopy of a couple of pages for you about VBAC. Are you around this week & I'll let you have it. It supports a couple of things you want ;)

:wub: aww... thank you! am at the plaza for an appt tomorrow aft (tues)... have asked lily if she's around for a catch up at 3.30... can you make that? or i could come and collect if that's easier!

[sorry BEVS for hijack!!]

scrubbedexpat094 Jan 3rd 2010 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 8215531)
:wub: aww... thank you! am at the plaza for an appt tomorrow aft (tues)... have asked lily if she's around for a catch up at 3.30... can you make that? or i could come and collect if that's easier!

[sorry BEVS for hijack!!]

Yes, I can make that ;)

I'm sorry too BEVS. I plan to shift two stone this year. Now thread is back on track:thumbup:

bolton1 Jan 4th 2010 10:58 am

I am struggling to make any that I will keep for a whole year so .... am making up a new one for every day & then am lovin not feelin guilty that I haven't kept them:p

Dewb09 Jan 4th 2010 7:39 pm

Ok apart from Xmas day take 2 have not been doing too bad :thumbsup:

However still CANNOT REMEBER to tick that box grrrrrr

Dewb