British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Guys, We're here, in Christchurch. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/guys-were-here-christchurch-391179/)

planty Aug 17th 2006 10:18 pm

Guys, We're here, in Christchurch.

We made it, landed yesterday, in Christchurch library emailing everyone, times nearly up, first impression,

WOW!!!!!!!!! :D

kwprwn Aug 17th 2006 10:27 pm

Re: Guys, We're here, in Christchurch.

Originally Posted by planty
We made it, landed yesterday, in Christchurch library emailing everyone, times nearly up, first impression,

welcome to the southern hemisphere

BRR its kind of chilly at the moment in Auckland, not sure about were you are :beer: ENJOY

Am Loolah Aug 17th 2006 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by kwprwn
welcome to the southern hemisphere

BRR its kind of chilly at the moment in Auckland, not sure about were you are :beer: ENJOY

How exciting - congratulations!

We're not out to North Island until Jan but God I wish I was there already!!

kwprwn Aug 17th 2006 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
How exciting - congratulations!

We're not out to North Island until Jan but God I wish I was there already!!

I am looking forward to some warm weather as feel like I have done an eternal winter, arriving here in march so winter uk winter NZ...not great timing, but role on summer

I like you married a kiwi and he wanted to come home after 18 yrs of the UK

you will arrive in summer lucky you

Biddy Aug 17th 2006 11:13 pm

Welcome to Godzone Nigel and family. Glad you arrived safely and hope the WOW continues for a long time.

Apple12 Aug 17th 2006 11:34 pm

Once you have a car, drive up dyers Pass road (from Colombo) right to the top of the Port Hills. At the Sign of the Kiwi turn right and drive along the summit road. About 15 min later you come to the best picnic spot, looking one way you have Lyttleton Harbour, the other is out to the Southern Alps, very lovely now with the snow cover.
There is an excellent cafe (called She) with great ginger slice in Governer's Bay (head down the hill on the other side) with lovely views.
I love it up in the Port Hills, to me it is one of the best things about living here.

SarahB Aug 18th 2006 2:27 am

Great to know you made it ok and that your first impressions are favourable too.... let us know how you are getting on when you can... cheers

SarahB

Andrew Cross Aug 18th 2006 5:49 am

Hiya,

Glad you made it ok, you certainly came during one of our nicer days !!!!
Hope you get settled in ok and if you are in need of any info feel free to PM us, we are in Chch too.... :D

bookemjano Aug 18th 2006 7:31 am

Wow indeed! Hope you had a great journey, and not too much jet lag and that the kids enjoyed it. See you soon!

poppets Aug 18th 2006 7:53 am

congratulations to you - ENJOY :) :beer:

Paladin Aug 18th 2006 12:54 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :beer:

All the best with your new life!!!

You're making me jealous.... gotta wait til the New Year now before we arrive in the Bay of Islands :(

Dave

helinuk Aug 18th 2006 2:09 pm

Welcome to your new life down under. Let us know how you get on settling in. :)