Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is this guys life going to be a train wreck?

Is this guys life going to be a train wreck?

Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is this guys life going to be a train wreck?

The fella put it into a public arena of 4 million plus by going 'public'.

This is a public forum and posters are free to air their views within the confines of the BE rules.

I can agree that it was going to be virtually impossible to keep it schtum within his small community. However, he has let the whole of NZ know and also those interested outside of NZ.

For instance. I would not have known who it was had he kept anonymity. Good job i;m not the pushy , in your face, begging letter type then. Oh wait. Now there's an idea. I'll just roll on up to that Countdown and get pally.

May I also just say that when I double checked the spelling of schtum , the spell check gave me 'scrotum'.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I'd make a good millionaire...
Me too. You can always do 'good (charitable) stuff' with it.
Good luck to him. He needs to go undercover overseas to find the love of his life and not reveal his wealth till he is sure they genuinely care about him.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:19 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Omg
Old Apr 4th 2012, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

he he he
Attached Thumbnails Is this guys life going to be a train wreck?-430904_328877103823936_214804335231214_1070457_937597906_n.jpg  
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:46 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I’d want to make up a cover story rather than telling my friends I won the lotto, like telling them I was a successful drug dealer. Mind you if I was a successful drug dealer I’d probably tell people I won the lotto .
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol
he he he
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:24 pm

Is this guys life going to be a train wreck?-1330855896050_8598512%5B1%5D.png
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I’d want to make up a cover story rather than telling my friends I won the lotto, like telling them I was a successful drug dealer.
Nah, I'd be a dotcom millionaire who is actually in hiding in Te Kauwhata because I'm wanted by the U.S Govt

Oh bugger, that ones already taken
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I’d want to make up a cover story rather than telling my friends I won the lotto, like telling them I was a successful drug dealer. Mind you if I was a successful drug dealer I’d probably tell people I won the lotto .
My uncles mum (through marriage, not blood) gained a very lot of money about 15yrs ago back in the UK. She has never admitted it, but a "small inheritance" as she called it has bought her plenty of houses/gifts to family and friends/holidays/new car/children's and grandchildren's weddings for the past 15yrs. She would never come out and say so, but we all suspected it was a lottery win! She was a nurse and never worked another day from then...
Old Apr 5th 2012, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

My uncles mum (through marriage, not blood) gained a very lot of money about 15yrs ago back in the UK. She has never admitted it, but a "small inheritance" as she called it has bought her plenty of houses/gifts to family and friends/holidays/new car/children's and grandchildren's weddings for the past 15yrs. She would never come out and say so, but we all suspected it was a lottery win! She was a nurse and never worked another day from then...
Very clever if that is how she did it. I would tell no one except Kate. My kids would NEVER know. They would get it when they are 35..what a nice surprise eh? I would be generous but would never admit to a lottery win. It make people go funny. Inheritances do in no way get the same jealousy, envy, begging letters et al.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 5:36 am

Can't believe this is still being discussed
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Can't believe this is still being discussed
and yet you're still reading it
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:53 am

and if it is pi$$ing you off so much, why are you still reading it?
Who asked you and because It amazes me that people find this interesting so shut up and wind your neck in
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
Who asked you and because It amazes me that people find this interesting so shut up and wind your neck in
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is this guys life going to be a train wreck?

That's how it should be done, discreetly.
Originally Posted by Genesis
Very clever if that is how she did it. I would tell no one except Kate. My kids would NEVER know. They would get it when they are 35..what a nice surprise eh? I would be generous but would never admit to a lottery win. It make people go funny. Inheritances do in no way get the same jealousy, envy, begging letters et al.
As Warren Buffet said "You want to leave your kids enough to do anything, but not enough to do nothing".

Not sure if you should tell the wife either, surely a series of "nice little surprises" would be the way to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.