Guy Fawkes

Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Guy Fawkes

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yes its rained a lot here this afternoon. I havnt heard any fireworks yet this evening... too wet out there.
Yes it rained and was quite windy did that stop them????
Two nights in a row from the same household????
I think they are just trying to wind me up!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a tad confused... why is Guy Fawkes celebrated a week earlier in NZ?

We always went to organised events in the UK, and sometimes had sparklers in our back garden, but that's the limit.

Bastille Day in Paris is far worse... people throwing firecrackers in others' faces, etc. Just awful.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
I'm a tad confused... why is Guy Fawkes celebrated a week earlier in NZ?

We always went to organised events in the UK, and sometimes had sparklers in our back garden, but that's the limit.

Bastille Day in Paris is far worse... people throwing firecrackers in others' faces, etc. Just awful.
In NZ the sale of fireworks is banned until ten days (or something) before Guy Fawkes, which means that they are on sale now.
You can't buy rockets, but can buy sparklers, whiz bangs and caterine wheels etc.
Most cities will have a display, in ChCh it is done off New Brighton Pier next Sun night. Of course it is daylight so you have to wait until 9:30 pm before it is dark enough.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:46 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Few bangers going off around us too but not too bad. We're going to the Speedway on Saturday night and they will have a display there. Nobody to worry about as it backs onto a graveyard