Guy Fawkes

Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Guy Fawkes

Where do they get the money for all these fire works??? They are damm expensive and you get very little for your dollar, already they seem to be going off all over the place.
Don't get me wrong I am not being a Kill Joy (well maybe) but do people have no sense???
One they are damm dangerous...
Two they are expensive...
$50 up in smoke in half an hour...
I do think that people in the UK have the right attitude regarding Guy Fawkes, generally people go to an organised event, over here we will have them going off in peoples back gardens every night for the next three weeks

Sorry rant over but wasn't expecting to have to get the kitten out from under the house at 6pm (in daylight) tonight!!!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:47 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Guy Fawkes

Originally Posted by jueinnz
Where do they get the money for all these fire works??? They are damm expensive and you get very little for your dollar, already they seem to be going off all over the place.
Don't get me wrong I am not being a Kill Joy (well maybe) but do people have no sense???
One they are damm dangerous...
Two they are expensive...
$50 up in smoke in half an hour...
I do think that people in the UK have the right attitude regarding Guy Fawkes, generally people go to an organised event, over here we will have them going off in peoples back gardens every night for the next three weeks

Sorry rant over but wasn't expecting to have to get the kitten out from under the house at 6pm (in daylight) tonight!!!
finally we agree. it's just stupid and childish.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I have just been downstairs 3 minutes ago calling for our white cat.... she mustve been scared by the fireworks and was outside somewhere hiding. Shes inside with us now...I was a bit worried about her but shes fine. We have had fireworks going off round here for about 3 days now... mainly bangers I think.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mumomonty
don't the parents care???
Last year our neighbours were putting nail gun canisters on the fire!!!
We found the remains in our garden next day...thought we were going to loose our windows!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 9:00 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

We found the remains in our garden next day...thought we were going to loose our windows!!!!

I completely agree - never bothered in the UK (turned to help school funds otherwise wouldn't go). Cold wet, windy rainy, downright dangerous, complete waste of money - why bother? And to find they do it here?? Yup started today, sounds like it is on my verandah.
Go on, bugger off!!
(Nice to see everyone in agreement though!!)
Old Oct 28th 2006, 9:41 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karonious

I completely agree - never bothered in the UK (turned to help school funds otherwise wouldn't go). Cold wet, windy rainy, downright dangerous, complete waste of money - why bother? And to find they do it here?? Yup started today, sounds like it is on my verandah.
Go on, bugger off!!
(Nice to see everyone in agreement though!!)
idiots love anything that makes noise. you got the waikato's world fireworks in your neck of thewoods tonight too. I'm 14k out and i can hear them! At leastthat's an organised display though. Idiots, can't see the fascination myself.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:47 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Agree also never really got into this either as a kid or young adult in NZ.

Much more preferred a bonfire on an isolated beach with me mates drinking and skinny dipping.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

My OH got called out last night just after I posted about my cat. It was a scrub fire and they think it was deliberately started with fireworks. Luckily the wind wasnt very strong or it could have been a lot worse. One of many calls over the next couple of weeks I expect. I'm not against fireworks, but it has to be organised displays only.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 7:34 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Guy Fawkes

Originally Posted by thebears
Agree also never really got into this either as a kid or young adult in NZ.

Much more preferred a bonfire on an isolated beach with me mates drinking and skinny dipping.
how about "people in wooden houses shouldn't fire rockets..."
ala "greenhouses and stones" methinks.........
more work for me I suppose!!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

we had fireworks fired into our back garden last year (we backed onto a school playing field), they hit our window.... there was a about 5 teenagers doing it - i went out to confront them and they fired one directly at me!

I called the police who kindly turned up to help.....2 hours later..... my wife was due to give birth any day at the time.... very pleasant..... and that was a "respectable" neighbourhood.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:32 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
we had fireworks fired into our back garden last year (we backed onto a school playing field), they hit our window.... there was a about 5 teenagers doing it - i went out to confront them and they fired one directly at me!

I called the police who kindly turned up to help.....2 hours later..... my wife was due to give birth any day at the time.... very pleasant..... and that was a "respectable" neighbourhood.

Being going off round here for a fortnight already. Diwhali!!!! which nobody seems to comment on but come Halloween/ Guy fawkes everyone winges on!!!

Got a garage full for guy fawkes and now the OH isn't gonna be here!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Is raining now ...so should be all quiet tonite hopefully.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:02 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Didnt think Guy Fawkes night would be celebrated in NZ - just hadn't thought about it really!

Any other UKy things?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes its rained a lot here this afternoon. I havnt heard any fireworks yet this evening... too wet out there.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:32 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually guys - its pretty pants regarding fireworks in the UK too.

1) Bloomin dangerous
2) Bloomin expensive
3) Kids are already setting them off in the street to see who's rocket reaches the Co-op first!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.