Gutted :o(

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gutted :o(

Originally Posted by cherry
Would it be possible to get a job in OZ then come over here .I know people do it the opposite way round to get into OZ.Worth a try ,sorry to hear the bad side but dont give up ,we had a lot of ups and downs and we are a lot older than most applicants and made it here .Kep on smiling and never never ever say NO.All the Karma and good luck passed onto you .
Crikey, we tried that !!! It's near impossible to get a job or ANYTHING in Australia - NZ was the easier option lol. I always wanted to go to Oz, Carl always fancied NZ. Soooo after trying our damnest for Oz, I conceded defeat and agreed (talked myself in) to going to NZ.

thanks anyway

Michelle & Carl xx
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:46 am
must be a mid-life crisis

cathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nicecathynclive is just really nice

Thats the spirit
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle don't give up. You'll find a way. Someone will help you.
I have never stopped being amazed by all the support and encouragement from peeps on OZ and NZ forums over last 3 1/2 yrs. It's been a real struggle and we're not there yet.

Keep knocking on the door and one will open at the right time
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:07 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I wouldn't worry too much about what one company/firm/consultant would say. One emigration consultant told me without a job i would get selected out of the EOI, and i did with 135 points. I work in IT as well, and am finding it just as hard to find a job. Don't let the b$%^tards grind you down.
Good luck
Simon
ditto, one company told me in no uncertain terms not to follow MrsL's job and get mine first but I managed to get the second post I applied for over here and hopefully that will happen for ya all.....
perseverance is a skill learned when coming "down under" and it will stand you in good stead WHEN you arrive.
good advice about the house though - ours is being rented to Kiwis !!
always good to have a safety net!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:26 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear this! (((hugs!)))

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Quote:

We have assessed your Migration Eligibility Assessment questionnaire and CV that has been received. Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. According to our recruitment consultants it would be difficult to place you in employment in the area of your skills.
Based on this information you would not qualify for the Skilled Migrant Policy nor be selected from the pool.

Michelle xx
With regard to the above, who sent it to you? If it wasn't NZIS, then I'd ignore it, as hard as rejections are to ignore... Use all the resources you possibly can on this site, they're a helpful bunch!

Last edited by Maz; Mar 22nd 2007 at 1:46 pm. Reason: Not allowed to do what I wanted to
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:58 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yea what the hell do they know about migration eligibility!!!
We even got told by Malcolm Pacific (migration agents) we wouldn't have enough points to emigrate so we saved ourselves heaps, did it ourselves and got in easy so it just goes to show even the so called experts in immigration get it wrong.
It'll have been some up themselves suit trying to sound important who sent you that horrible email, I would laugh at their anal-ness and ignore it
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:01 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Chelle, we did our own application, and NZIS granted us PR with no jobs to go to.
You have to accept that the fact that you have those points is a good indication that you WILL be able to get yourself sorted when you getv there. However, we're selling up, got PR, and no jobs to go to, so may not be the best people to listen to.
Hey, she'll be right mate
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all for your replies!!! They are very much appreciated. I don't even think I told that agency about Carl's Diploma as i didn't realise what it was

Plus - I NEVER take anything lying down (no wise cracks people! ) so I'll be damned if i'm rolling over and letting this one pass! I always get my way haha. Come hell or high water, I will migrate with my family to New Zealand one way or another. I will harass NZ House every day until they beg me to go and slap those stickies in our passports!

I feel much better now I've had time to ponder on it! All thanks to you lovely lot and your fantastic, supportive words!

I don't know what I'd have done this morning without you guys xx You are the best!

Michelle & Carl xx

PS: Sarah - you have FAR too much to sort to be on here ... Shoooooo
Hi Michelle,
Dont be defeated. We sold up and moved out here with 3 children and no job offer. My husband works in IT. Im more than happy to give you the names of all the agencys he used so you can phone them and see what they think your OH's chances are of finding work. Or if he wants to talk to us as weve only just done it I can pass you our phone number.
It is doable, all our money was tyed to our house. PM me if i can help from this end at all.
Carole
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:39 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't 130 points enough to get you over here without a job offer?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Hi Michelle and Carl,
Just FYI we only had 125 points and no job offer and have been selected from the pool (entered beginning of December and were selected end of Feb). So with 130 you have a good chance of being selected without a job offer. An NZIS employee at an Exbo here told us that when they start nearing their deadline dates for hitting targets, they start upping the no.s they select from the pool and also start taking out those with lower points (which was us) so you should be okay.
The other bit of info we got was that outside a few occupations (Health Service mainly) a lot of employers are not keen on offering interviews for overseas candidates and nearly always dismiss applicants if they are not residents. Our own experience has been that we've never had any positive responses to applications to job adverts and therefore have put it on hold until at least we get our PR's.
You'll be fine Guys!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

There still seems to be quite a few IT opps in Wellington, but they are mainly for geeks (like Rob ) or sales - and you really need to be here. There aren't many marketing opps though, would he be happy/capable of making the transition to sales? (I did this when we moved to NZ).

Don't listen to agents - 2 of them told me we couldn't do it (although 1 said we could get us work visas for GBP10k!!).

Matt
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Michelle and Carl,
Just FYI we only had 125 points and no job offer and have been selected from the pool (entered beginning of December and were selected end of Feb). So with 130 you have a good chance of being selected without a job offer. An NZIS employee at an Exbo here told us that when they start nearing their deadline dates for hitting targets, they start upping the no.s they select from the pool and also start taking out those with lower points (which was us) so you should be okay.
The other bit of info we got was that outside a few occupations (Health Service mainly) a lot of employers are not keen on offering interviews for overseas candidates and nearly always dismiss applicants if they are not residents. Our own experience has been that we've never had any positive responses to applications to job adverts and therefore have put it on hold until at least we get our PR's.
You'll be fine Guys!!!
Hi,
My husband only got one telephone interview, you definately need to convince employers that you really are going to make the move and that you are definately going to stay. My husband found he had to make that very clear during interviews once we were here.
My husband had lots of very positive feed back from people. He would apply for relevent jobs knowing he did'nt have residency but put a covering letter saying, whilst i don't actually have residency i am in the process of sorting that, if i were there how interested would you be. Nearly everybody answered. He then followed up sometimes with phone calls just to test the water. He managed to secure a job offer within a week of arriving. Never give up.
Carole
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:30 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear this! (((hugs!)))

With regard to the above, who sent it to you? If it wasn't NZIS, then I'd ignore it, as hard as rejections are to ignore... Use all the resources you possibly can on this site, they're a helpful bunch!

Michelle, what Maz (and Sky) said. Tbh, I think it's a bit of a cheek for an employment agency to tell you whether or not you'll get selected. Also, if you went back over your emigration suitability thingy, ,is there anything you'd change on it? I remember doing one of those a few times and it changed depending on the mood I was in
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:23 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Well we sent Carls CV off to millions of people and have had quite a few knock backs over the months, most not even replying to say Thanks! Well we recieved one this morning that we had been waiting for ....

Quote:

We have assessed your Migration Eligibility Assessment questionnaire and CV that has been received. Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. According to our recruitment consultants it would be difficult to place you in employment in the area of your skills.
Based on this information you would not qualify for the Skilled Migrant Policy nor be selected from the pool.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement - we have 130 points according to the EOI - I'm heartbroken! All this time, money, and more importantly our dreams and lives from the past year have just been wasted by this one statement!

I can't see any other way now - if they're saying he won't get a job, his chances are slim ?! He works in IT - Marketing but has management skills too!

I have a viewing tonight and really can't be bothered with it now - not selling house to have nowhere to go!

Michelle xx
NO NO NO, I won't accept this. There must be away around it, you will get here. Migrating is not easy and you have a lot of hurdles to get through. Don't give up, get your butts over here and have a look around, use a tourist visa initially and apply while you're here. There is guy staying with our landlords at the moment, he's over on a recce, he had knockbacks, but now he's had an offer. Don't give up hope, we're all routing for you. Its tough, but you're a tough cookie!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gutted :o(

Bummer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.