British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Gutted :o( (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/gutted-o-436451/)

UKNZAUS Mar 22nd 2007 7:41 am

Gutted :o(

Well we sent Carls CV off to millions of people and have had quite a few knock backs over the months, most not even replying to say Thanks! Well we recieved one this morning that we had been waiting for ....

Quote:

We have assessed your Migration Eligibility Assessment questionnaire and CV that has been received. Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. According to our recruitment consultants it would be difficult to place you in employment in the area of your skills.
Based on this information you would not qualify for the Skilled Migrant Policy nor be selected from the pool.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement - we have 130 points according to the EOI - I'm heartbroken! All this time, money, and more importantly our dreams and lives from the past year have just been wasted by this one statement!

I can't see any other way now - if they're saying he won't get a job, his chances are slim ?! He works in IT - Marketing but has management skills too!

I have a viewing tonight and really can't be bothered with it now - not selling house to have nowhere to go! :(

Michelle xx

pixi-dust Mar 22nd 2007 7:47 am

Re: Gutted :o(

AW Michelle {{hugs}}} I wonder if it is time to just talk to a immigration consultant - not one that gets you a job and everything just one to give you some advice???
We used a lovely guy I can give you his telephone number if you want to give him a ring - he didnt charge us anything till we decided to use him - but gave me tonnes of advice first - he's a good guy. You can mention that I gave you his number. I would just hate to see you give it all up on this one letter - they may be wrong.

loads of cheery up karma.

xx

UKNZAUS Mar 22nd 2007 7:52 am

Thankyou - and yes please if you don't mind. I'll try anything now! I'll even shovel horse-poo ... I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty! ;)

Michelle xx

pixi-dust Mar 22nd 2007 8:01 am

I've pm'd you all the details
good luck xx

UKNZAUS Mar 22nd 2007 8:06 am

Originally Posted by pixi-dust (Post 4545628)
I've pm'd you all the details
good luck xx

Thankyou so much - I'll call him this morning! You're a star ;)

Michelle xx

phil01 Mar 22nd 2007 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4545580)
Well we sent Carls CV off to millions of people and have had quite a few knock backs over the months, most not even replying to say Thanks! Well we recieved one this morning that we had been waiting for ....

Quote:

We have assessed your Migration Eligibility Assessment questionnaire and CV that has been received. Unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. According to our recruitment consultants it would be difficult to place you in employment in the area of your skills.
Based on this information you would not qualify for the Skilled Migrant Policy nor be selected from the pool.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement - we have 130 points according to the EOI - I'm heartbroken! All this time, money, and more importantly our dreams and lives from the past year have just been wasted by this one statement!

I can't see any other way now - if they're saying he won't get a job, his chances are slim ?! He works in IT - Marketing but has management skills too!

I have a viewing tonight and really can't be bothered with it now - not selling house to have nowhere to go! :(

Michelle xx

Michelle,
you don't need to go down the skilled migrant route...if you get a job offer you can come to NZ on a work permit and work to residence as long as his job pays more than $45k a year. But in all honesty his best bet is to come over to secure a job. Don't give up hope we couldn't get the points together came on a work visa and are now applying for residency so there are always other ways round it.
Debbie

UKNZAUS Mar 22nd 2007 8:20 am

Thanks Debbie

I think this may be our only option now - but all our money is tied into the house! We can't afford for him to come out without selling the house ... don't want to sell house and be homeless .... catch 22 :(

Thankyou for your reply, means a lot! And Congrats on your success story!

Michelle xx

phil01 Mar 22nd 2007 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4545677)
Thanks Debbie

I think this may be our only option now - but all our money is tied into the house! We can't afford for him to come out without selling the house ... don't want to sell house and be homeless .... catch 22 :(

Michelle xx

Hi Michelle,
yeah we had same problem, but there are a few people on here that work in recruitment, if you start a thread asking for help you will probably get someone able to market your hubby's skills for you, it may be worth a try.
Good luck!
Debbie

Wiz'n'Ton Mar 22nd 2007 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 4545677)
Thanks Debbie

Michelle xx

Hey Michelle, so sorry to hear your news but don't let this be the end of your dreams - where there's a will and all that.

First off - you can come out here without selling your house. Have you considered remortaging to release some equity, then renting it out whilst you find your feet out here? This way, in the unlikely event that it all goes tits uppermost, then you can get home OK. In the more likely event it goes well, you both get permanent work, and get nicey settled, you cover your mortgage with your tenent's rent, and your house will accrue value (in the current UK market) whilst you settle. THEN you sell, and buy out here with all your wonga.

It's what we've done, and is working OK so far - fingers crossed!!

Also, I am in recruitment here in Christchurch, but have zero to do in IT. I can try and help out a bit though - PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Good luck karma coming your way....

P2L Mar 22nd 2007 9:48 am

Michelle

So sorry to hera your news hun :( but if you want something badly enough, you'll find a way & TBH there's plenty of people on here that can point you in the right direction.

Good Luck & thinking of you

Kev & Sarah

simonmarkellis Mar 22nd 2007 10:06 am

Quote:

Michelle xx

I wouldn't worry too much about what one company/firm/consultant would say. One emigration consultant told me without a job i would get selected out of the EOI, and i did with 135 points. I work in IT as well, and am finding it just as hard to find a job. Don't let the b$%^tards grind you down.

Good luck

Simon

Mandie Mar 22nd 2007 10:20 am

Quote:

Michelle xx

Oh Michelle
I really feel for you, it's horrible to have your hope and dreams shattered like that isn't it!!!

BUT

You're made of stronger stuff than that, don't let this one letter scarper your hopes and dreams...there's gonna be another way. we're going down the 'work to residency' visa route...once either carl or yourself get a job, get your paperwork together along with you medicals and take them along to NZIS and you should hear within a couple of days max if you've been successful!!!

I hope this and the other replies have given you hope that there are other ways to get to the same goal...Be strong and don't let the dream die. :wub:

take care

cherry Mar 22nd 2007 10:20 am

Would it be possible to get a job in OZ then come over here .I know people do it the opposite way round to get into OZ.Worth a try ,sorry to hear the bad side but dont give up ,we had a lot of ups and downs and we are a lot older than most applicants and made it here .Kep on smiling and never never ever say NO.All the Karma and good luck passed onto you .:thumbsup:

cathynclive Mar 22nd 2007 10:26 am

Hi Michelle,

So sorry to hear your news, keep trying though, there's so much support on here that i'm sure you'll both get there.

Chin up:thumbup:

Cathy

UKNZAUS Mar 22nd 2007 10:31 am

Thankyou all for your replies!!! They are very much appreciated. I don't even think I told that agency about Carl's Diploma as i didn't realise what it was :o

Plus - I NEVER take anything lying down (no wise cracks people! ;) ) so I'll be damned if i'm rolling over and letting this one pass! I always get my way :p haha. Come hell or high water, I will migrate with my family to New Zealand one way or another. I will harass NZ House every day until they beg me to go and slap those stickies in our passports! :thumbsup:

I feel much better now I've had time to ponder on it! All thanks to you lovely lot and your fantastic, supportive words!

I don't know what I'd have done this morning without you guys xx You are the best!

Michelle & Carl xx

PS: Sarah - you have FAR too much to sort to be on here ... Shoooooo ;) :p