Gulf Harbour

Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gulf Harbour

Does anyone live up at Gulf Harbour and work in Auck or North shore?
Just interested to know how the commute is and if its do able on a daily basis.

Also would like to hear any thoughts both good and bad about life at gulf Harbour.
Best and worse things, things to do, places to go etc etc.

cheers
col
Old Apr 17th 2011, 6:41 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gulf Harbour

Originally Posted by colandros
Does anyone live up at Gulf Harbour and work in Auck or North shore?
Just interested to know how the commute is and if its do able on a daily basis.

Also would like to hear any thoughts both good and bad about life at gulf Harbour.
Best and worse things, things to do, places to go etc etc.

cheers
col
I live at Tindalls Beach, the next 'location' along from Gulf Harbour and the commute to Glenfield, on the North Shore can be a pain. At 7am it takes 45 mins to get from home to work and the same at 5pm coming home. It's a run I don't mind as I both enjoy my job and also the scenery along the way. Gulf Harbour is 5 mins more. There is a regular bus service to CBD and there's the ferry. As with any location, Gulf Harbour has it's good areas and it's not so good. Personally, it doesn't appeal to me...........
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gulf Harbour

Have lived in Gulf Harbour since Jan 2007 & we love it here. I used to work in Parnell but not done that for 2 years now. The OH works in the CBD. He either drives in or gets the ferry. The ferry takes 50 mins & leaves at 7am & 7.30am. It gets replaced by a bus service if the sea is too rough. OH enjoys getting the ferry cos he can have a kip, or do some work. Occasionally they get a pod of dolphins swimming along. You can get drinks on the ferry too, so he'll grab a beer on a Friday eve

OH has a parking space in town across the road from his office, so that makes it very convenient for him to drive in. He does leave at around
6am though to avoid the traffic.

As SP says, like everywhere there are some areas of GH to avoid. You can usually spot them though. The Pacific Bar at the Marina can get quite busy & of course there's the Wednesday night quiz. The Japanese restaurant, Daiwa is excellent. We usually head to Manly for Thai or Indian though.

Shakespear Regional Park is beautiful & has some great walks. The beach at Te Haruhi is beautiful & a great place to go for a swim.

There's a large British expat community in GH (but then there is on the whole Peninsula) which can be a good or bad thing depending on your view. Personally, I would rather be at this end of the Peninsula than up Red Beach way. Stanmore, Tindalls, Manly, Matakatia are all nice places to live IMHO.