Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

guitar lessons in Welly/Lower Hutt

guitar lessons in Welly/Lower Hutt

Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: guitar lessons in Welly/Lower Hutt

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
alright, its that bloody dog thing ok
Eh?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:55 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

look up "Footrot Flats: The Dog's Tale" on www.imdb.com
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Mr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by irnbru14
I really need to start looking, been meaning to learn guitar for years now and its on my list of things to do here, interested to hear how you get on!!!

Though it will mean I will be profient in the songs of Split Enz if I learn here
There's a little guitar shop on Cuba Street (Central Wellington) - Mojo Sound http://www.mojosound.co.nz/.

They do lessons.

For anyone interested in unusual (and but not weird) guitars / amps, it's worth calling in if you're nearby. I just bought a hand-built guitar from them and I love it. They have a little combo that they build themselves (the Radiotone - that little thing pictured on the website) and it sounds great for such a simple amp. I want one but, as I've only recently arrived and I have too many things that are costing me money, I can't buy one yet. When the guy in the shop heard that I didn't have an amp to play the new guitar through, he lent me a decent lead and a Smokey (see http://www.smokeyamps.com/). Which reminds me - you should hear one of these tiny, cigarette-packet amps driving a big speaker. It's ridiciulous.

Anyway I should add that, apart from being a happy customer, I have nothing to do with Mojo Sound.

Sorry Turkeys, I know this doesn't really help your search for a group lesson.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

no that does help Mr B, as I tried there and they put me onto Wellington High School who do group lessons as part of their adult ed provision. I also found out that Hutt Valley High do similar

Will probably get booked up for May, so thanks to all for the suggestions of teachers etc - this is what I was really looking for; the chance to learn with other people as I found that was more fun in the UK.

Gotta go acoustic though, after lugging my electric one and amp here!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Mr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the rough

I really ought to get some lessons. I've reached the dreaded 'plateau of no improvement'.

Actually, I've probably been on that plateau for 10 years.