Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

grr - cost of living - where are you?!?!??!

grr - cost of living - where are you?!?!??!

Old May 16th 2008, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default grr - cost of living - where are you?!?!??!

finally got around to searching for the threads that have included cost of living stuff (including the ace excel spreadsheet someone did a few months ago) so that i could do a whizzy comparison thing and finally work out realistic $nz income we're going to need

but i can't find any of them! i've done advanced search on money, cost of living, living costs, household budget etc etc etc and absolutely zip

beginning to think the search function's broken!

i've even started scrolling through ALL the posts to find them - checked 20 pages now from october onwards and still nothing...

it's me isnt' it?! bad workman blaming tools

anyway, l'al one has just woken up ready for lunch so i'm going to have to give up for now!

if anyone manages to help point me in the right direction whilst i'm elsewhere, i'd be enormously grateful!!

Old May 16th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grr - cost of living - where are you?!?!??!

The site was down today for migration to new server. I guess some posts have been temporarily lost.
Old May 16th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=509547&page=2

Hope this helps.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cappuccino
The site was down today for migration to new server. I guess some posts have been temporarily lost.
There is currently a problemo with the search facility.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I remember not so long ago I posted the official stats with percentages:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+living&page=2
Old May 17th 2008, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

This one was also rather good:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...living+expense
Old May 17th 2008, 10:26 am
Account Closed

thanks all! everso much

it wasn't just me then! well that's a relief!

looking forward to a sunday evening pulling all the details together!
Old May 17th 2008, 11:43 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

Must beat a sunday evening just pulling?
Old May 18th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stoof
finally got around to searching for the threads that have included cost of living stuff (including the ace excel spreadsheet someone did a few months ago) so that i could do a whizzy comparison thing and finally work out realistic $nz income we're going to need
Ace excel spreadsheet is here...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...67#post5854967

Although I'm wondering how out of date the costs on that will be now that petrol and food has gone up as much as it has!
Old May 19th 2008, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

cool thanks everso