Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Grocery stores and gluten free foods

Grocery stores and gluten free foods

Old Jul 4th 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

tkolites is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Grocery stores and gluten free foods

How about gluten free foods ? and what are the names of some of the grocery stores so I can see prices of things. Thanks

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 4th 2012 at 10:24 pm. Reason: moved to own thread as tagged to end of thread about being vegan
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grocery stores and gluten free foods

Originally Posted by tkolites
How about gluten free foods ? and what are the names of some of the grocery stores so I can see prices of things. Thanks
There are gluten free products in our main grocery store in Auckland - it is called New World. Other grocery stores in NZ are Countdown and Pak and Save. There is also a Gluten Free shop in Auckland called Gluten Free Grocer I have attached the website so you can check that out as well

http://www.glutenfreegrocer.co.nz/in...is-gluten-free

I have also noticed that in alot of the cafes and restaurants here in Auckland they cater for gluten and dairy free diets. Cannot comment about the rest of the country but I am sure someone will be along shortly to let you know
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You will have no problemo being gluten free. So many people need to be gluten free these days and NZ grocery shops have embraced this.

Supermarkets
New World.
Countdown
Pak n Save
Fresh Choice ( South Island only)

In smaller places, like townships and villages we have

Four Square.

There are plenty of Fruit&Vege shops. Butchers and Asian shops selling good cheap foodstuffs.

Also Bin Inn

Click the links given. That should get you going.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

One thing we miss about living up in Auckland is the amount of Fruit n Veg market style shops dotted around, much cheaper than the supermarkets and better quality. We've only spotted one here in Dunedin and it's not up to much.