Groceries

Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:42 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Is there an echo in here ???
A newbie, probably on the piss and trying to be humourous LOL
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Ok, tried the little blue peas..............pretty good, taste pretty much the same as mushy peas and a fraction of the cost!
Burger King and Macs...........everything they sell is c**p! The fries taste just like cardboard sticks, how anyone eats them is beyond me, give me big fat chips anyday.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:53 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winnie
Ok, tried the little blue peas..............pretty good, taste pretty much the same as mushy peas and a fraction of the cost!
Burger King and Macs...........everything they sell is c**p! The fries taste just like cardboard sticks, how anyone eats them is beyond me, give me big fat chips anyday.
Must see if I can find those little blue peas then. I did try the jamie Oliver recipe I posted and they weren't bad.

I don't mind fries with maccas or that, but Fish n chips definitely has to be the real mccoy (thick fat chipped fried spuds)
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, tried the little blue peas
Blue peas? What are they then? Can't say I've ever heard of them...

What my OH misses is Marrowfat Peas...
Old Apr 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Blue peas? What are they then? Can't say I've ever heard of them...

What my OH misses is Marrowfat Peas...

They are called "Blue Peas" and are normally by the soup mixes, my Mum buys them from New World.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:10 pm
livewire

Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough but the one thing I can't seem to find at the moment is wholewheat pasta, it's not on the shelves with the white/green/red stuff which seems to come in most shapes and sizes. I've adapted pretty well to most other foods here (a lot of it is much nicer than the UK equivalent anyway ) but am still on the search for this one.

Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by livewire
Perhaps I'm not looking hard enough but the one thing I can't seem to find at the moment is wholewheat pasta, it's not on the shelves with the white/green/red stuff which seems to come in most shapes and sizes. I've adapted pretty well to most other foods here (a lot of it is much nicer than the UK equivalent anyway ) but am still on the search for this one.
Supermakets should stock it. Ask them about it (preferably the manager). Also check out smaller independent grocery stores or health food stores. You'll find it
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

QUOTE=kiwichild]Must see if I can find those little blue peas then. I did try the jamie Oliver recipe I posted and they weren't bad.

I don't mind fries with maccas or that, but Fish n chips definitely has to be the real mccoy (thick fat chipped fried spuds)[/QUOTE]

Found them at Petone, spice shop, sells mostly asian spice food but also sells blue peas, nearly almost marrowfat peas, was very impressed. Try them!! Lol, am I doing well, so ver p****d after my bday party, am imopressing myself! What dfo you think?????
Old Apr 28th 2006, 4:27 pm
Banned

QUOTE=kiwichild]Must see if I can find those little blue peas then. I did try the jamie Oliver recipe I posted and they weren't bad.

I don't mind fries with maccas or that, but Fish n chips definitely has to be the real mccoy (thick fat chipped fried spuds)
Found them at Petone, spice shop, sells mostly asian spice food but also sells blue peas, nearly almost marrowfat peas, was very impressed. Try them!! Lol, am I doing well, so ver p****d after my bday party, am imopressing myself! What dfo you think?????[/QUOTE]

You're doing fine Winnie and Happy Birthday

Petone be a bit of a way for me to travel to look for those peas!! but I'll look around locally.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Found them at Petone, spice shop, sells mostly asian spice food but also sells blue peas, nearly almost marrowfat peas, was very impressed. Try them!! Lol, am I doing well, so ver p****d after my bday party, am imopressing myself! What dfo you think?????
You're doing fine Winnie and Happy Birthday

Petone be a bit of a way for me to travel to look for those peas!! but I'll look around locally.[/QUOTE]

Thankyou Kiwichild. But ooooppss, I must have been p****d cos I don't remember coming on here!! Good luck in your search.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:39 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if i can get tins of custard??? I used to love Ambrosia Devon Custard in the green tin....dont see any here or in packets.
Cheers
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice

Originally Posted by aarcc
Having travelled in the USA I know how difficult certain items are to get.

Here's a few I'd miss. Can you get them easily & inexpensively in NZ?

Wholemeal Bread
Twinnings Tea
Coleman's English Mustard
Ribena
Marmite - I've tried Vegemite & found it repulsive
Mushy Peas

We buy Twinnings Tea, both in bag and loose form from Countdown, Woolworths or Foodtown same with Colemans Mustard. The Marmite is the NZ brand as they do both Vegimite and Marmite. Depending on where you are living there is a store in Auckland, or so I have been told that gets English stuff so try searching the internet or Yellow Pages. The only things I get shipped over from the UK is:

PG Tips - loose tea, the Kiwi's are big into loose tea.
Kosher stuff
Underwear from M & S, nothing like it, sorry too much information !!!!
Old Apr 29th 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

For those that miss Marrowfat peas - I saw a can of them yesterday in Foodtown in central Auckland, together with some wholewheat pasta that livewire was looking for.

There's British food shop in Brown's Bay Auckland and they have Bird's custard - can't remember if they have the Devon tinned one though. I was too distracted by Jaffa Cakes!!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sharronemery

PG Tips - loose tea, the Kiwi's are big into loose tea.
You can't get PG Tips tea in NZ? Are you sure? You could buy it when I was there!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwichild
You can't get PG Tips tea in NZ? Are you sure? You could buy it when I was there!
Have to say I have progressed along the path of enlightenment to Dilmah

Bloody great cuppa !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.