Greetings!!

Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:09 pm
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough
Smile Greetings!!

Hello!! I have just been told about this site by a friend of mine - he's off to Canada & we're obviously going to NZ!!

We will hopefully be going over in the next few months - visa application due in shortly, just waiting on a couple of documents for that. We've both got job offers in the Palmerston North area, so if anyone has any hints or tips on things like removal companies, where to live (or not ) in the area, things we should bring or not bring that would be great. Any other helpful information will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings!!

Welcome to the forum.
We came to NZ last June & used Crown, they weren't the cheapest, but very good. Search through old threads to get more opinions. We brought the lot, all electricals including TV. Everything works fine here. Just bring loads & loads of adaptors & multi socket extensions. House don't have as many plug sockets here as UK houses.
What line of work are you in?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:42 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s3r3
Hello!! I have just been told about this site by a friend of mine - he's off to Canada & we're obviously going to NZ!!

We will hopefully be going over in the next few months - visa application due in shortly, just waiting on a couple of documents for that. We've both got job offers in the Palmerston North area, so if anyone has any hints or tips on things like removal companies, where to live (or not ) in the area, things we should bring or not bring that would be great. Any other helpful information will be greatly appreciated!!!
Genesis is your man in Palmy North to ask for hints on the area - maybe PM him?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 4:40 pm
s3r3

Originally Posted by Boopy
Welcome to the forum.
We came to NZ last June & used Crown, they weren't the cheapest, but very good. Search through old threads to get more opinions. We brought the lot, all electricals including TV. Everything works fine here. Just bring loads & loads of adaptors & multi socket extensions. House don't have as many plug sockets here as UK houses.
What line of work are you in?
We're both nurses
Old Sep 16th 2007, 4:44 pm
s3r3

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Genesis is your man in Palmy North to ask for hints on the area - maybe PM him?
Thanks -I'll do that