Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Greenkeeper in Taupo

Greenkeeper in Taupo

Old Jul 20th 2014, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Falkirkbairns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greenkeeper in Taupo

Hi, my names Frazer and I'm Greenkeeper living in Central Scotland.

I'm coming over to work on a golf course close to Taupo (initially for six months but hopefully more permanent if all goes to plan) at the beginning of October.

I have everything sorted out apart from accommodation, which my boss is going to assist with closer to my arrival. I've had a look at the cost of rent but I was wandering if anyone could give me a rough idea of how much things like groceries and council tax will cost monthly?

Also interested to know what coverage of European football is like in NZ, mostly the English Premiership and champions league.

Cheers in advance!
Frazer
Old Jul 20th 2014, 7:20 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greenkeeper in Taupo

lots of threads already on cost of living so have a go with the search button above. council ta is often paid by the owner of a property if you are renting.
examples, bread can be anything from $1.90 - $4 plus, Milk anything from $2.50-$6plus, cheeses large block/bag $10, butter around $5 and it goes on. You can check out Countdown online for their prices.

as for football seems from other posts that it is fairly well covered over here.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

cccsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Greenkeeper in Taupo

Hi Frazer,

I think there is probably plenty of info about cost of living etc.. around, and your "council tax" is called rates here and is almost always paid by the landlord, not the tenant.
In terms of footie coverage, for Premier League games you need to purchase Premier League Pass, which has exclusive Premier League rights - can't remember the price but around $180 for the year. It is online so you have to watch games on your pc, laptop or pad.

If you get Sky TV which is around $60 a month, you get full Champions league coverage, League one, FA Cup, Spanish soccer etc....

Nothing is on free to air TV apart from World Cups, so you will need to spend money to get some decent footie but well worth it!