Green and clean?

Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Green and clean?

This issue did annoy me while I was still living in NZ. I post this because a clean and green environment is important to me - both in Germany where insects are dying on a massive scale as well as in NZ which has such a great (unused) potential with regards to wild nature. I hope that people will finally wake up: New Zealand is dirty and polluted just like other Western countries are! Things need to change and the farmers need to be regulated.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...scientist-says

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...olluted-rivers

Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Green and clean?

I'll pitch in a little here as it annoys the heck out of me also.

It is not just farmers that need more stringent regulation. The people here need to wake up and face how it is & do their bit.

Yes. The place is cleaner than other places in the world BUT it isn't environmentally clean and green enough to protect the flora fauna and wildlife here.

Whenever an issue on standards arrives the reaction always seems to be to point the finger outward to somewhere else ( usually the UK for some reason ), rather than actually focus on improving things on the ground here. So frustrating.

I could go on & on about this & some other 'stuff'. Small country, small population . Every chance to lead the way but instead it rests on its laurels and points fingers.

Bah!
Old Mar 5th 2019, 9:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The finger should be pointed at us, the humans. There are now too many humans for such a small planet, too many mouths to feed without intensive agriculture and too few resources to live developed world lifestyles. Reducing the human population of earth over consecutive generations should be the environmental goal of all countries over the next century or two.
Old Mar 5th 2019, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The finger should be pointed at us, the humans. There are now too many humans for such a small planet, too many mouths to feed without intensive agriculture and too few resources to live developed world lifestyles. Reducing the human population of earth over consecutive generations should be the environmental goal of all countries over the next century or two.
True but no politician or government will have the ba.... to say that. This is probably how it will end:-)

Old Mar 5th 2019, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about money... Nothing will change as long as there is a potential for profit.
despite the occasional social media post where supporters feel "making a difference"
is doned by simply clicking a like button, nothing will ever change