Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Great service in NZ

Great service in NZ

Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Great service in NZ

I've set up this thread so that we can share some of the better experiences we've had with companies here.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Great service in NZ

Useful ones I'd like to nominate:
Beds 'R' Us (Lower Hutt).
Parkview Motors and the Honda dealership in Masterton.
Farmers & BP & Farmlands (the outlets I've been to).
Bunnings (at least the best I've found for building supplies).
Resene paints (Lower hutt and Palmerston North).

I'm sure I can think of more later .
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:40 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great service in NZ

Auckland City Council - I have to deal with them quite a lot and they're always brilliant - if they don't know the answer to something they go find out and actually call me back
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:44 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Air New Zealand's call centre. I have to call them a lot, at least every couple of days, and it's pretty rare to get someone who is genuinely bad or lazy.

Ok every once in a while I get someone who is pretty useless. But apart from that, they are pretty good.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 10:50 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Um, um, ummmmm

can I get back to you on this one?

lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:16 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Wow, everyone sounds so upbeat about the customer service here, aw well I won't tell the real truth then and let the thread go!

Must note my sheer surprise at ACC being on here, do you work in their PR dept?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

OK Ill be positive about Woolworths Home Delivery.

The delivery guy is great, you know when its going to arrive.

And if you complain about any food item - quality of fruit or veg for example, they credit you without any problem.

Takes an age to complete the order online though!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:11 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Fisher & Paykel (Christchurch) - rang and ordered a new oven element. Delivered 2 hours later.

Bunnings (Christchurch) - bought an item and on returning home found that it had a bit missing. Rang the store and one of their employees brought the missing bit to my home the next morning.

Panel beaters in Christchurch - can't remember the name - but they didn't have the last few cosmetic bits to complete the car repairs after my accident so they brought my car back out to me and sent a mechanic round to put the bits on as soon as they got them in. They also lent me a courtesy car free of charge even though I hadn't opted for this on my insurance policy.

Classic Cafe in Rangiora - will do a bacon sandwich even though its not on the menu.

And we've had mainly successes at haggling for discounts or free things to be thrown in when making purchases.

As for builders - I'm lucky that my OH is a builder so I only have to walk through the house swinging a hammer with a look of intent and the hammer gets swiftly removed from me and jobs done - no arguing, no nagging required
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I get great face to face service most everywhere which I suppose is the most important really...especially in coffee shops/restaurants...all professionals seem excellent so far - they are never rushed, use first names, treat you as an individual and don't overly attempt to preserve professional distance: doctor, dentist, optometrist, podiatrist.

Also ultra- honesty things...can't remember the firm's name but a visiting relative left his sunglasses in the back of the taxi at 3pm and the driver returned them at 8am the next day - we couldn't contact them as didn't know which firm. The taxi driver would probably have had to try several houses before finding the right one too.

Restaurants without kids menus will usually oblige with something plainer for the little darlings - you just have to have the cheek to ask...sometimes they volunteer it.

The Wellington Wheelie Bin service impressed me recently, someone nicked my wheelie bin - they replaced it next day free of charge - to my surprise.

Last edited by luvwelly; Mar 9th 2009 at 7:01 am.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

We are at Paraparaumu and here my list of local places so far that we have had good service

Big Save
Briscoe’s
Jacks Motors
Bunning’s at Waikenae
Sopranos Restaurant
And the little lady selling tickets at Paraparaumu station

D
Old Mar 9th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

IKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I've set up this thread so that we can share some of the better experiences we've had with companies here.
Charistmatic,

Think this is a really good thread for the likes of us who have yet to do the move to Nz! Am going to save some of the important names of companies etc - they will hopefully be of use when eventually arive out there!

Thanks,
Isabelle
Old Mar 9th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I would like to encourage folk to join the Consumers Institute of NZ.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/Default.asp?bhcp=1

I joined about 10 years ago and always consult their magazines/ online before making major purchases.
Easy to read comprehensive reports on many institutions eg Banks, retailers etc . They are an independent organisation that will steer you clear of any dodgy companies.

Really worthwhile IMO.