Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The great NZ picture thread

The great NZ picture thread

Old Apr 27th 2014, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The great NZ picture thread

and more

1) beware skateboarding cows

2) still havent seen one

3) forgot where this was, eastern cape somewhere

4) my back garden... lovely
Attached Thumbnails The great NZ picture thread-img_0729.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-img_0760.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-img_0735.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-img_0374.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2014, 5:23 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Taken today at the Weka Pass Railway in Waipara
Attached Thumbnails The great NZ picture thread-p1080289.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-p1080304.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-p1080297.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-wp_20140427_017%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2014, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Justcol;11235760]and more

I love that!!!
Old Apr 27th 2014, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=j19fmm;11235870]
Originally Posted by Justcol
and more

I love that!!!
I did hang around a while with my camera, just in case, unfortunately they must have all been down at the skate park that day
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:05 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
OMG RobClubley .

Penguin just doing it's thing. That is just so brilliant.

It's a big wish of mine to see a penguin or two around here or up at Golden Bay. To date , nothing despite my best efforts to be in the right sort of areas at the right time.
I've had Mr BEVS half freeze to death on several occasions whilst insisting that what were probably gull footprints were penguin prints & so all we had to do was wait.
It was just getting to dusk, it swam in, turned around and swam back out to the harbour.
I saw a family of penguins in those rocks a few years ago on new year's eve and when I told my father-in-law he insisted they were a drunken hallucination. Now I have proof, haha!!

Originally Posted by Justcol
and a few more

1) The friendliest republic in the world, the current mayor is a chicken !!

2) View of the waikato from the Kaimais

3) I'll just take the gas if you dont mind but thank you for the offer

4) Papamoa beach

5) Whangamomona Parliment house in a pub, perfect
It's a nice spot, the hotel was for sale a couple of years back.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Taken today at the Weka Pass Railway in Waipara
Now you've given us another reason to look at Christchurch Mr H loves his heritage railways and works on one most weekends here.

I don't have my 'big camera' pictures online yet but here's some we took using the iphone. I've picked most of these as they were pretty common sights rather than major tourist attractions like Cathedral Cove.

This was on I85 and taken soon after we left Ranfurly on South Island. We'd got used to the yellow, 'caution may be sheep on road' signs and wondered what the bright orange, portable ones meant. We found out when we came round the corner Thankfully we're used to driving in rural areas so we just stopped until the dogs had done their job and driven the sheep round us.

This was taken outside the offices of the Dyslexia Foundation in Christchurch. One thing that struck us about certain towns in NZ was the amount and quality of public artwork. Not much different to some UK towns but we enjoyed it all the same.

Vineyards, picture taken from the train between Picton and Kairkoura. I'd never seen a proper vineyard before. The amount of them on the northern half of South Island certainly dispelled the notion for us that South island would be as cold as the UK.

We sat and watched a lot of sunsets over a lot of beaches. The thing that blew us away was how quiet everywhere was, we had this whole beach to ourselves for a good half an hour until another family of four arrived. This is the southern edge of Lake Taupo

Admittedly this one is taken from the Eyeful Tower at Driving Creek Railway but similar shots can be had for free from any number of picnic sites up and around Coromandel town. This one is a view of the Firth of Thames.

I think you can have views like this in the UK but the number of days you can appreciate them rather than seeing something like this one of the Isle of Skye seem to be far more.

Old May 4th 2014, 9:32 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I took this yesterday at Castlepoint. Came out well I think.

Epic drive there and back with a local car club. Several fast cars including some V8s and tuned turbo machines, and me in my tuned Skoda keeping up
Old May 4th 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I took this yesterday at Castlepoint. Came out well I think.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...28895240_n.jpg

Epic drive there and back with a local car club. Several fast cars including some V8s and tuned turbo machines, and me in my tuned Skoda keeping up
Beautiful pictures guys! Been to many amazing countries but NZ landscape is up right up there with the best. :-)
Old May 4th 2014, 9:54 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Pictures are great Hazelnut! The vineyards are particularly beautiful this time of year with their autumnal colours especially with the bright blue sky as the back drop.

Here's a link for the Weka Pass Railway http://www.wekapassrailway.co.nz/. Definitely worth the trip

Well done on that pic Rob, it's great! Damn NZ and it's over crowded beaches!!!
Old May 5th 2014, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Pictures are great Hazelnut!

Here's a link for the Weka Pass Railway http://www.wekapassrailway.co.nz/. Definitely worth the trip
Thanks We were on SEEK again today and looking at jobs in Christchurch. Mr H is actively talking and we've now booked all the work that needs done to bring this place up to saleable state and that we can't do ourselves. Slowly, slowly but we're progressing.

It's currently still in low single figures outside here and the wind chill makes it bitingly cold. Took the ponies out today with thermals and a big padded jacket on (me and them!) rather a bracing Spring day.

Last edited by Hazelnut; May 5th 2014 at 6:21 pm.
Old May 11th 2014, 6:08 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails The great NZ picture thread-happy-mothers-day-sand.jpg  
Old May 11th 2014, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

alan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to allalan83 is a name known to all

Took a walk along waimairi beach into New Brighton today.....gorgeous day
Old May 11th 2014, 9:14 am
She'll be right

Yesterday's hike from Kendal Hut in Arthur's Pass
Attached Thumbnails The great NZ picture thread-p1080407.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-p1080360.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-p1080330.jpg   The great NZ picture thread-p1080321.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:10 am
She'll be right

Just thought I would resurrect this thread with my partners photo. He took this wee beaut on the plane from Welly to Chch...
Attached Thumbnails The great NZ picture thread-altauypwt4hp1l-uf9dr7gb7owqdpfdiya0gqkbzg6bkcxm.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Flowers at Cape Palliser - taken earlier in the year
Attached Thumbnails The great NZ picture thread-pa130587.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.