Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:54 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

ROb, you are man after my own heart (photography wise) these are great - what camera do you use?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:31 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spid
ROb, you are man after my own heart (photography wise) these are great - what camera do you use?
It's a Sony DSC-H2
Not two years old yet and I've taken 8500 photos with it!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Mr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the rough

I don't know what I'm doing with a camera but, by some fluke, these came out pretty well.
- Lake Tekapo (normal and widescreen)
- Church Of The Good Shepherd (Lake Tekapo again)
- Lake Pukaki with Mount Cook at the far end (normal and widescreen)

The widescreen ones are just the normal ones, but I cropped them to convey to my mates just how wide the scenery felt - as you know these things never come across fully in photos.
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-lake-tekapo-small.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-lake-pukaki-mount-cook-01-small.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dscf0444.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-lake-pukaki-mount-cook-widescreen-small-01.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-lake-tekapo-widescreen-small.jpg  

Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:06 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Beautiful photos

It wasn't so clear for us!

Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Mr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the roughMr.B is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Rob. Although I must let mother nature take a little bit of the credit.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:33 am
Happy in Wellington

Here's a few random photos from today

From Te Papa

Outside the station

The Beehive. I think the Pie Kart in the foreground really gives the shot some class
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:30 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

The first is the view from the inlet at Whitby.
The second is the shore at Plimmerton
Love it there
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-p1020239.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-p1020235.jpg  

Last edited by karonious; Apr 1st 2008 at 6:32 am. Reason: round the wrong way!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Hi

Pics of Green Lakes at Rotorua, and sun set from our patio.

Ju
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0014.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0020.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0015.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Julie
Hi

Pics of Green Lakes at Rotorua, and sun set from our patio.

Ju
I love sunsets
I just never seem to be able to capture them to my satisfaction.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Hi

Took a few pics of tonights sunset.

Ju
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0013.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0016.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0019.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:39 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Ju
Julie, those are amazing - we were driving over the Maungatapu bridge about 7pm tonight and it looked like it was going to be an amazing sunset! Where abouts in Tauranga do you live? Think you're coming on our 10km run in the morning aren't you? Liz, Marika and I do it every Wednesday.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Julie, those are amazing - we were driving over the Maungatapu bridge about 7pm tonight and it looked like it was going to be an amazing sunset! Where abouts in Tauranga do you live? Think you're coming on our 10km run in the morning aren't you? Liz, Marika and I do it every Wednesday.
Hi

Bloody Hell I dont think i can do 10km may be 0.5, sat around got a bit unfit. May be I will wait at the cafe get the coffees in ready for you all LOL
Im in Welcome Bay on top of the hill.
See you tomoz

Ju
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

to-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really niceto-go-or-not-to-go is just really nice

Where and what is Kingfish Lodge?(its on the very 1st oage of this thread) Looks gorgeous. Quite fancy it as a house!! - I wish

Last edited by to-go-or-not-to-go; Apr 1st 2008 at 10:49 am. Reason: terrible spelling!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:32 pm
Happy in Wellington

Hi

Ju
Wow! Awesome pics.

Here's a few from our Easter camping trip, and Lake Taupo on the way back:

Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:33 pm
Happy in Wellington

And some from the VW meet that we went to:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.