Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

Thanks... I keep taking pics of my baby at the moment.... mainly forget to take the camera out with me though. It was the first time Ive done that ride and we rode behind these newish lifestyle houses that the lady I ride with said are worth $3m plus.... wow. But even the mangroves were beautiful in their own strange way. The beach went on forever and she said at low tide we'd be able to ride round the point of the peninsular but it was coming in today. I loved it down there... what a stunning place.

I have the HorseWhisperer on video somewhere... it always made me cry when I watched it. I think that was one of the first roles for Scarlett Johansson, and Kristin Scott Thomas was fantastic in it.... the book was better IMO though, although books usually are better arnt they. I was disappointed that they changed the ending when I watched the film... still a great film though.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:57 am
Dragging 4 kids with us..

Jules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud ofJules & Danny has much to be proud of

Ok, not exactly the most artistic of pictures, but this is three of my four kids in the sea at Oriental Bay on only our second day in New Zealand (only 3 days ago!!).

Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:02 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, they are beautiful looking children What a lovely photo - bet they can't wait to show their friends back home
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:12 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I took this from our deck today - could have been a bit closer but it's very high up This is a wood pigeon and unlike the ones we know in the UK these have lovely colours.

Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:16 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
I took this from our deck today - could have been a bit closer but it's very high up This is a wood pigeon and unlike the ones we know in the UK these have lovely colours.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../pigeon005.jpg
I love the noise they make when they fly over your head - kind of a "whup whup whup whup whup whup!"
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:43 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Being technically challenged, I'm not sure this will work.
However.......
This is the Waikato river this morning, beautiful day here in sunny Hamilton
If this is how Autumn is here, we'll be OK!
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-p1000157.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:51 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Being technically challenged, I'm not sure this will work.
However.......
This is the Waikato river this morning, beautiful day here in sunny Hamilton
If this is how Autumn is here, we'll be OK!

Great piccy Karen I love the reflection in the water
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:56 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Great piccy Karen I love the reflection in the water
I think that must be my first on here :embaressed_smile:, so thank you! We bought a new camera recently and we really need to take more pics to send back home to make all the rellies jealous. However, it seems to have so many setting etc that I just hand it to either the girl or Steve, taking care to stand well out of the viewfinder!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I think that must be my first on here :embaressed_smile:, so thank you! We bought a new camera recently and we really need to take more pics to send back home to make all the rellies jealous. However, it seems to have so many setting etc that I just hand it to either the girl or Steve, taking care to stand well out of the viewfinder!

A girl after my own heart.

My old camera was fab just point it at the scene & push the button !!! Kev's gone & invested in one that can do everything but iron, I've tried to understand it, honestly I would love to use it properly but I got lost shortly after he showed me how to remove the lens cover
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:08 am
conquering the world!

My old camera was fab just point it at the scene & push the button !!! Kev's gone & invested in one that can do everything but iron, I've tried to understand it, honestly I would love to use it properly but I got lost shortly after he showed me how to remove the lens cover
Steve lent me his mobile one day soon after we got here. That night, he asked me why there was a 3 minute video of my feet on it? That's because I couldn't work out the buttons and had pressed everything trying to text him, with the camera obviously pointing down the way!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds just like me!! OH bought me a camera for christmas that does everything too and you should see the manual that comes with it... lol... no good for a blonde!! I just need to know how to take a photo and how to use the video function and thats it!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re:Only in NZ

Only in New Zealand.................
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-young-kiwi.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Only in NZ

Originally Posted by Campbells
Only in New Zealand.................
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:38 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I know that these are common place here - but this one really wanted her/his picture taken - it even jumped onto the camera.
( which Mr PD then dropped!! )

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:44 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
I know that these are common place here - but this one really wanted her/his picture taken - it even jumped onto the camera.
( which Mr PD then dropped!! )

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...e/P1000226.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...e/P1000225.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...e/P1000230.jpg
That's a big one - we've only found baby ones in our garden so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.