Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:19 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

You're asked to keep back a safe distance from the big cats but you can pay for a thing where you get up close with them

http://www.wellingtonzoo.com/inform/...ncounters.html

They must be well-behaved cats because they'll bring them to funtions too. They were at the opening of the Egypt exhibition at Te Papa.

One of these days we'll do it - I'd love to hear a cheetah's purr.

Melanie and I have stroked the baby lions in Rotorua (kinda wooly) and a full-grown tiger in Thailand (feels like horse hair!). We need to go for the full big cat set
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:29 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

A few more random photos for you.

Melanie making friends with the locals, Fern, cave weta at Karori Wildlife Sanctuary, our garden and one of those fake scorpion spiders
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc03715.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc03779.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc03782.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc03807.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dscn4331.jpg  

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 6:27 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

A couple more. The one with the fern is up near Leigh and has an awesome view that deserves a panorama. Will get into it..

Cheers & hey tomorrow is Friday

Included a pic of Christmas the Kiwi way, most houses in the Auckland area get into it but not sure on rest of NZ.
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0096.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-087.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-195.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-200.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dec-05.jpg  

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
A couple more. The one with the fern is up near Leigh and has an awesome view that deserves a panorama. Will get into it..

Cheers & hey tomorrow is Friday

Included a pic of Christmas the Kiwi way, most houses in the Auckland area get into it but not sure on rest of NZ.
That first picture is beautiful!!! More more more!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:40 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahB
That first picture is beautiful!!! More more more!!
I think your avatar is showing the best picture on this thread...she's sooo cute!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
I think your avatar is showing the best picture on this thread...she's sooo cute!!!
Awww thanks!! I took that picture today. Shes 10 weeks old now... and I put her on her tummy and she held herself up so I rushed to get the camera so that I can send the pictures to proud grandma.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:33 pm

Awww thanks!! I took that picture today. Shes 10 weeks old now... and I put her on her tummy and she held herself up so I rushed to get the camera so that I can send the pictures to proud grandma.
They will be proud...i'm sure they'll be made up with that piccie
take care
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
They will be proud...i'm sure they'll be made up with that piccie
take care
That piccie and about a hundred more!! I had a phone call from my parents and brother today saying theyve now seen the videos that I did for them... they thought they were excellent. I dont feel so bad taking their only grandchildren away from them now. I take pictures for them every single week and now videos so can keep them up to date with whats happening with us.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:26 pm
Happy in Wellington

Another Starry sky
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc04406-copy.jpg  
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Another Starry sky
That's unbelievable...never seen that many stars before, looks amazing!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:02 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Rob have you been cheating again and using that screensaver
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:18 am
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by cherry
Rob have you been cheating again and using that screensaver
Damn, you've found out my secret
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:47 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

One from today .........
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc_0042.jpg  
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Campbells
One from today .........
Nice.... I was riding down on the beach today near Whitford.... I wish I had my camera with me as it was so lovely... but dont want to break it if I drop it or fall off. It was so lovely, one of my ambitions was to ride a horse in the sea and now I can do it whenever I like.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:37 am
Banned

Nice.... I was riding down on the beach today near Whitford.... I wish I had my camera with me as it was so lovely... but dont want to break it if I drop it or fall off. It was so lovely, one of my ambitions was to ride a horse in the sea and now I can do it whenever I like.
Thanks,

Whitford & Cleveden are really stunning. At one stage we went out that way on most of our exploring trips. Any excuse to go to Beasties

Stunning when the trees start to change colour. We were in Vanuatu last year and went for a ride, a lot of it was in the sea, I managed to get quite a few pics but was rather tricky. I'm not that good on a horse but my missus is, she use to have her own horse. Our wee lad is a natural and is totally fearless.

You ever seen the Horsewhisperer? There was some awesome cinematography in that movie. You can get some really good camera bags now and they are not expensive. I keep my camera in a soft case and then inside a carry case.

YOu should take more pictures as you have a good eye for a pic.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.