Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:00 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Campbells, we got a boxed set of all the Attenborough ( SP??) wildlife porgrammes before we came over cos the telly is not so brilliant and we don't have sky!! its our favourite thing to watch!

Can't say I miss the drysuit diving - you feel a lot freeer in a wetsuit - I dive pretty much all year here in a 2mm!! (3 on the body!) folk think thats insane - but they've never dived in Scotland!

I've never seen a whale though. That must have been awesome.

Rob - he is the best dog!! Go on!! Let Melanie see him!

Yeah, the Beeb still make the best docos and Sir David Attenborough is the man for me. We don’t have Sky or for that matter our screen is not connected to an aerial as everything we watch is DVD or our photos / home videos. We used to shoot slide and did the whole projector & screen thing and we have an LCD which is not quite the same but it is convenient.

You ever seen the movie with Sir Anthony Hopkins, Instinct? Awesome movie and of course he is one of the big gun actors.

Were in Scotland (have family there) in Dec 97 and the BBC screened a Christmas wildlife special and was 5 or 6 hour long ( no adverts). It was awesome, it was Sir David & the crew sitting down to Christmas lunch discussing the moments they had shared making all the docos and then they showed that particular episode. The last doco they screened was voted for by the public. I have it carefully packed away for one day in my heaps of spare time (yeah, right) I will drop it onto DVD.

One of the early scenes in the Blue Planet where the Orcas chase the Grey Whale with her calf is so sad. I thought that whales were pretty common in most places in NZ? I have heard that they have had Orcas coming into the Auckland harbour. Anyone got a photo of that?

Haven’t dived for ages but did some awesome snorkelling in Vanuatu last year, Hideaway Island. We got our wee lad into it too. Gotta watch out for them stone fish though, man they were loads of them lurking a couple of feet of the shore.

BTW you from Scotland?

Cheers
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:10 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Attenborugh is the man!

Have you seen Planet Earth? Awesome stuff and the photography is incredible.

We're gradually collectinig the DVDs - we have Blue Planet, Life of Birds and Life on Air so far.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:14 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes - the orca and the calf - it died didn't it. So sad - but as you say the most amazing photography.
I haven't seen instinct. Sounds like its worth watching.

Rob - life of birds!! When I was teaching ( residential school) a lot of the children were really into bird watching so on a Tuesday night one of the staff taped it and on a Wednesday afternoon all the kids and staff got together and watched it - it was so cool and the kids just loved it. My most requested video ( a while ago then!) was a box of life on earth episodes. Not cartoons or stuff like that - but life on earth! That says a lot.

Campbells I'm from Aberdeen originally but lived in Glasgow before coming over here. I take it you are too with a name like Campbells?? I'm a MacDonald by the way!!! OOoooo!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:26 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Attenborough is the man!

Have you seen Planet Earth? Awesome stuff and the photography is incredible.

We're gradually collecting the DVDs - we have Blue Planet, Life of Birds and Life on Air so far.
Haven’t seen that, I believe it is the latest one the BBC have done?

We are also collecting, I had most of them on video, taped from the TV that was in the days of VHS !

We have Blue Planet, The Living Planet, Life on Earth Box sets and the Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth. Blue Planet is my favourite and Sir David only did the narration on that. Is he involved in Planet Earth?

I also had the BBC Space Odyssey which was all CG of a trip through the planets.

Was big into The Old Grey Whistle Test ( of topic) which was a great BBC creation too. I’ll check out that Planet Earth.

Hey, you ever seen any of the I-Max stuff ? I have also loked at that March of the Penguins (narrated by Morgan Freeman) and thought of giving it a spin.

You ever see that BBC one Super Sense ? – awesome !!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:30 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

March of the Penguins is brilliant!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:49 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

March of the Penguins is brilliant!
Got to agree - march of the Penguins is incredible. So sad in places but an excellent film.
Yes, Planet Earth is the latest one - filmed over about 5 years and narrated by Mr Attenborough.
We downloaded it to watch but we deleted the downloads and we're going to buy the DVD.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:38 am
Banned

oh yes - the orca and the calf - it died didn't it. So sad - but as you say the most amazing photography.
I haven't seen instinct. Sounds like its worth watching.

Rob - life of birds!! When I was teaching ( residential school) a lot of the children were really into bird watching so on a Tuesday night one of the staff taped it and on a Wednesday afternoon all the kids and staff got together and watched it - it was so cool and the kids just loved it. My most requested video ( a while ago then!) was a box of life on earth episodes. Not cartoons or stuff like that - but life on earth! That says a lot.

Campbells I'm from Aberdeen originally but lived in Glasgow before coming over here. I take it you are too with a name like Campbells?? I'm a MacDonald by the way!!! OOoooo!
One for the Jocks ..........
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-only-jocks.jpg  
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:43 am
Banned

Some abstract:
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-010.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-023.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-094.jpg  
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the kiddies play park this afternoon down by the local beach.... took my camera with me.... the view is so lovely down there, its very peaceful.
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-img_0284%5B1%5D.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-img_0281%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Now listen here MR Clubley and Cambells

STOP posting such stunning pictures you are making me sick

I want to be there NOW

Hey mate, I have had a good look at this thread tonight and you shoot some fine pics with that Fuji S 7000. I have shot with a few Fuji cameras and they are decent.

Well done for this great thread and all the great shots you have shared. You have a good eye. The one pic of the boat next to the shed was well spotted I liked the contrasts of the whites.

Cheers mate.......
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:29 am
Banned

Wink Re: Tip for sizing photo files

Here’s a tip for those wanting to size their pics.

You can size in batches and if you have a few pics in sequence it makes it a whole heap easier. If not in sequence and you are selecting pics to size make a new folder to drop your selected pics into for sizing.

Once you have ( make sure they are copies) dropped the pics into the new folder use select all ( Ctrl A) and then right click, take it to send to and select mail recipient.

There are a couple of options there, I usually select make all my pics smaller and select show more options, I select large here .

This launches your email with a new mail with the pics already sized in their new state but with the same titles. Click on one of the files and then select all and then “copy” go back to the folder where you dropped all the copies into and then select paste, it will ask if you want to replace, say yes and there you have it. Batch sizing and good quality too. The amounts of pictures you can size in one go depends on how much RAM you have etc but try 5 to start with.

You should end up with a file between 100 to 300 k which is quick to upload etc and still good for screen viewing.

Cheers.

PS: make sure you work with copies of your original as once you have sized the pic and overwritten the source files it is too late. Work with copies.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Nice panormas rob
Looks like its law to add a sunset, so here it goes
Auckland

Auckland

Queenstown
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:53 am
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

Gore Bay

Manuka Bay

View from the top of Mt Hutt

The view from my front garden

Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:55 am
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

Lake Daniels

Dinner from Lake Daniels

And one that didn’t get eaten

Akaroa Harbour

Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:56 am
Banned

Surfing at Taylors Mistake

Surfing at Mangamaunu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.