Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

Originally Posted by Yotty
Lardyl, on your travels in the Mainland if you take the road from Wanaka towards Cadrona along the Crown Range Road, you come out at the end of the climb. There's a car park and a monument there with stunning views down the valley towards Queenstown. Fantastic views. It's the highest sealed road in Australasia! (PS I had to confront my fear of heights along the road from there to Queenstown!)
thanks m8ty.
anyone else got good places to see (with 2yr and 6yrolds) - or should I start my own thread for once!~??
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:39 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Lardyl, on your travels in the Mainland if you take the road from Wanaka towards Cadrona along the Crown Range Road, you come out at the end of the climb. There's a car park and a monument there with stunning views down the valley towards Queenstown. Fantastic views. It's the highest sealed road in Australasia! (PS I had to confront my fear of heights along the road from there to Queenstown!)
That would be a lot like this view

It is well worth going that way.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:41 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

It leads to Wanaka where Puzzling World is - we didn't have time to stop unfortunately but I bet a six year-old would love it!

http://www.puzzlingworld.co.nz/
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob Is that pic on the zig zag down to where you join SH6?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:52 pm
Happy in Wellington

Rob Is that pic on the zig zag down to where you join SH6?
That's the one. You can just see the road on this one:

Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Puzzle world is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there but we still haven't grown up. Though be warned some of the illusions can make you feel really disorientated.

We visited Rangitoto (the youngest volcano in NZ) and the views today were fabulous of the surrounding Auckland Harbour. We totally recommend it. $20return via the ferry for an adult , $11 child - take a swimsuit, plenty of slap and lots of water and food as there are no facilities on the island except for the occasional drop loo. Can be very hot and the walk to the crater can be quite sapping (1 hour up and 1 hour down) but the views are well worth it.

Have a great New Year
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-looking-towards-waiheke-014.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-lava-comes-tree-006.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-brown-island-018.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-eastern-bays-auckland-022.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-auckland-027.jpg  

Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We went to Puzzling World in 1997 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. There again , we like to play.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:48 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
It leads to Wanaka where Puzzling World is - we didn't have time to stop unfortunately but I bet a six year-old would love it!
http://www.puzzlingworld.co.nz/
thanks ROb, will add it to the list!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:39 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spackster
Thought you might like this one, Kapati Island seen from rumati beech:

and no I didn't plant the forground subject material

Adie
Ha ha!! I remember that!! and if I can find mine, I will post it too!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:00 am
Just Joined

birkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nice

here's some pics from cape palliser where the seals are.
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-pc310067.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-pc310072.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-pc310066.jpg  
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:27 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Kaikora at the weekend and saw this wee fella!
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-christmas-086.jpg  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:23 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Ha ha!! I remember that!! and if I can find mine, I will post it too!
Here it is!!
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-p1000789.jpg  
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karonious
Here it is!!
I knew it would appear sooner or later

Adie
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:44 am
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by spackster
I knew it would appear sooner or later

Adie
I am so transparent!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:48 am
conquering the world!

View from Queen Elizabeth Park this afternoon:
We had a meet-up there and it was a really good!
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-p1010839.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.