GP move to NZ

Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Glenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really niceGlenn Brmmitt is just really nice
Default GP move to NZ

Hi,
Any GP's out there who have already made the move from the UK?
We are wanting to move to nz next year and would like advice from anyone who has already done it.HELP!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: GP move to NZ

Hi Glenn,
Good luck with it all, it's a good move You might want to check out Sumner and surrounding areas,it's where all UK GP's seem to live The GP's at our surgery are all from the UK, our next door neighbours are! although not both are from the UK!
It's quite funny really, i remember walking on the beach with our dog a couple of days after arriving and the question i was most asked, after polite exchange of pleasantries (& realisation i wasn't a kiwi) was 'are you a doctor?' 'No 'i would say, 'i'm a potter!!!' Tray
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GP move to NZ

Originally Posted by Glenn Brmmitt
Hi,
Any GP's out there who have already made the move from the UK?
We are wanting to move to nz next year and would like advice from anyone who has already done it.HELP!
NZ is a nice place but apparently the money in Oz is hugely better for GPs. Have you considered this? It would be great if your heart is set on Nz because we need GP's really badly. Tasmania would be a nice place.

Kate is in nursing and enjoys her work way better here than in the UK. However I know a neuro-consultant who is quite stressed by the budget cutbacks. Nz is in very poor shape now what with the $4 billion 'quake down south and the housing market is grinding to a halt too. We are losing our competitive edge to boot. Strangely exports are doing well, weird considering how much you have to pay for your kiwi $s these days!!