Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Got work Visa HEY! Left job after 3 days!!

Got work Visa HEY! Left job after 3 days!!

Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Caerwysok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got work Visa HEY! Left job after 3 days!!

Can anyone help please.
My husband son and I came out to NZ in Oct 2008 on a 6 month holiday visa. I was fortunate to get a job offer after the first week. (We had been in touch with a recruitment agency before we left)
All was going along well. Bought a house. Got our son into a great school, who is very happy. Bought a couple of cars.
My visa came through on the Essential Skills work visa till Nov 2010. Life couldn't be sweater..However. Started the job and left after 3 days... the company manager was clearly nuts. The job was working for an Apparel company, which I have done in the past. I have found out since leaving that there have been 39 people during the past year that have started and left this particular company. So I didn't take it personally.
I have however been offered another jobs but this is managing a property rental company. Which is the business I have been involved with for the past 2 years and probably more up to date with. The money is the same..
Can anyone help with our next move.??
Is it a matter of going to Immigration with this new job offer or what??
I have joined 3 agencies, in the Apperel industry, and have been told that over Christmas not much will happen. (I would be more suited however working in the rental market)
We are getting a bit panicky now as you hear so much conflicting advice.
My husband is also trying to get work but his visa has been held up we believe over his BMI rating but that another issues which we can come onto another day.( we sent out all Immigration info on the back of my job) These are probably defunked now!!
Can anyone help..Its such a minefield!!
Many Thanks Sue
Old Dec 18th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got work Visa HEY! Left job after 3 days!!

Sounds like you just log a new aplication with them... costly... but they won't transfer it across...
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Got work Visa HEY! Left job after 3 days!!

You must let NZIS know that you have left this employment and the date when you did this.

Should you gain another job offer you will need to re-apply for a new work permit.

You can remain in NZ, for the time being, under your visitors visas.

Originally Posted by NZIS
For all other workers, if your employer is named on your Work Permit, then you need to inform us that you’ve changed employer. You will need to apply for another Work Permit and must apply for a new permit when you have a job offer. You should not start work in your new job until you have a new Work Permit.

If you gained your permit because you secured a job with an accredited New Zealand employer, you’ll only be able to remain in New Zealand if you’re working for another accredited employer. Even if you find work with another accredited employer, we’ll still need to approve the arrangement.