Reload this Page >

Got visa's now confused !!!

Got visa's now confused !!!

Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

madcow38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got visa's now confused !!!

Hi there,

Could anybody help please, I have been following this forum since February when our visa process started, and sods law, now I am stuck, I cannot find any threads relating to my questions.....................

Q1 - Can hubby travel to NZ first and then kids and I follow on when school breaks up or must we travel to NZ together/arrive at the same time ???

Q2 - Is it possible to arrange house rental in NZ while still in UK and if so, any ideas on company's to do this through please.

OH has his WTR visa and the kids and I have family stream visa attached to OH's application.

Hope you can help, getting well stressed now and not much more room for any extra grey hairs.

Thanks guys
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got visa's now confused !!!

Yes hubby can travell out first on his own.

yes you can find rentals fromt the uk but would probably advise against it as
some furnished rentals
promis a lot and are really shit holes when you get here.
an option may be a motel to start, then a rental which you can furnish with rented furniture and appliances
until your own stuff arrives or you buy new things here. heres a couple of links, MrRental are everywhere so might be your best bet.
hope thats of some help

http://www.hirethings.co.nz/asset/sh...furniture-hire

http://www.mrrental.com.au/Find-a-St.../Hamilton.aspx
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Got visa's now confused !!!

Originally Posted by Justcol
Yes hubby can travell out first on his own.

yes you can find rentals fromt the uk but would probably advise against it as
some furnished rentals
promis a lot and are really shit holes when you get here.
an option may be a motel to start, then a rental which you can furnish with rented furniture and appliances
until your own stuff arrives or you buy new things here. heres a couple of links, MrRental are everywhere so might be your best bet.
hope thats of some help

http://www.hirethings.co.nz/asset/sh...furniture-hire

http://www.mrrental.com.au/Find-a-St.../Hamilton.aspx
That's a fantastic help, thank you. xx

Made up my OH can go first, motels for 1 person are so much cheaper and hopefully he can sort out a rental for when we get there.

Thanks again xx
Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Hi,
My OH went on ahead to set up, he had somewhere to stay (like you say it's easier/cheaper for one) for the first month. Then we followed on after. When we arrived OH had found us a rental - our furniture had arrived and us 3 just turned up and unpacked our cases! Good Luck with it all!

Originally Posted by madcow38
Hi there,

Could anybody help please, I have been following this forum since February when our visa process started, and sods law, now I am stuck, I cannot find any threads relating to my questions.....................

Q1 - Can hubby travel to NZ first and then kids and I follow on when school breaks up or must we travel to NZ together/arrive at the same time ???

Q2 - Is it possible to arrange house rental in NZ while still in UK and if so, any ideas on company's to do this through please.

OH has his WTR visa and the kids and I have family stream visa attached to OH's application.

Hope you can help, getting well stressed now and not much more room for any extra grey hairs.

Thanks guys
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks guys
Yes you can arrange rental in the UK but presonally i would wait till you get here to make a decision as a pictuyre on line can hide a list of faults ........ like the P lab next door to you
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks KayC,

Sounds like it worked out well for you, hope it is as good for us..!

Just need to pray OH finds a rental based on what we require and not closest to a golf course !
Thanks again xx

Originally Posted by KayC
Hi,
My OH went on ahead to set up, he had somewhere to stay (like you say it's easier/cheaper for one) for the first month. Then we followed on after. When we arrived OH had found us a rental - our furniture had arrived and us 3 just turned up and unpacked our cases! Good Luck with it all!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, never thought of that

It did occur to me that some seemed to good to be true and the way they angle the pictures on some makes me think that they are definately hiding something.

THanks for that x

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Yes you can arrange rental in the UK but presonally i would wait till you get here to make a decision as a pictuyre on line can hide a list of faults ........ like the P lab next door to you
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

We rented a fully furnished bach for 4 weeks when we arrived. Booked it from the UK and although it was basic, it did exactly what it said on the tin!
Have a look here: http://www.bookabach.co.nz/
We also asked for a discount because we wanted to book it for 4 weeks. (Easier to get a discount in the winter!) We paid for three and got one free.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 7:17 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Thanks for that, (stubborn) OH wanted to rent online, this comment made him change his mind
Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

We booked 2 weeks in a serviced appartment in Wellington. The two most useful things for finding a rental were Trade me and a sat nav.

I ploughed through all the houses on Trade Me andnarrowed them down based on whether I liked the look of them, they took dogs (that narrowed it down a bit), distance to OH's work, price, etc. We then spent the first weekend driving round looking at them from the street to get an idea of suburbs, if the gardens were decent etc.

This is where the sat nav is invaluable.

Then I made appointments to go see those in areas I knew would work.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RobDon
We rented a fully furnished bach for 4 weeks when we arrived. Booked it from the UK and although it was basic, it did exactly what it said on the tin!
Have a look here: http://www.bookabach.co.nz/
We also asked for a discount because we wanted to book it for 4 weeks. (Easier to get a discount in the winter!) We paid for three and got one free.
Thank you We found a couple on the site and mentioned it to OH new employers, they are going to check them out for us and get back to us. Prices very reasonable! Going to do this for 3/4 weeks as you did and then send OH out to look for rentals for the family

Thanks again x
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
We booked 2 weeks in a serviced appartment in Wellington. The two most useful things for finding a rental were Trade me and a sat nav.

I ploughed through all the houses on Trade Me andnarrowed them down based on whether I liked the look of them, they took dogs (that narrowed it down a bit), distance to OH's work, price, etc. We then spent the first weekend driving round looking at them from the street to get an idea of suburbs, if the gardens were decent etc.

This is where the sat nav is invaluable.

Then I made appointments to go see those in areas I knew would work.

Thank you hun,

Never thought of a sat nav. Had a look on trademe and google earthed some rentals, given OH instructions to purchase Sat Nav ready for when me & the kids join him. Will do as you did I think, sounds like the best way, especially as we need a house good for schools and familys and not near a golf course/bar as husband requested

Thanks for all the help every1, feel a lot less stressed now xx