Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Got the visa, now dont know when to make the move.

Got the visa, now dont know when to make the move.

Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice
Default Got the visa, now dont know when to make the move.

Hi Guys,

i have received my SF visa today

i am planning to make the move on September, is that good?

some of my friend told me that its better to travel as soon as possible because kiwis are start celebrating or preparing for the Christmas from November, is that right?

Regards
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got the visa, now dont know when to make the move.

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Hi Guys,

i have received my SF visa today

i am planning to make the move on September, is that good?

some of my friend told me that its better to travel as soon as possible because kiwis are start celebrating or preparing for the Christmas from November, is that right?

Regards
LOL kiwis usually start preparing for christmas around 22nd of December from what i have seen, the whole christmas this for Kiwi's just happens to be smack bang in the middle of sumer holidays
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice

Originally Posted by alanmacc
LOL kiwis usually start preparing for christmas around 22nd of December from what i have seen, the whole christmas this for Kiwi's just happens to be smack bang in the middle of sumer holidays
Thanks alanmacc, LOL i was sure that he was kidding about that but wanted to make sure that its a joke.

Regards
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Personally, avoid September its Rugby World Cup, accomdation will be scarce and expensive, flights will be ridiculous to say the least - if you are looking that timescale I would come after world cup when there will be big surpluses and potentially some bargains to be had...
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Si19761
Personally, avoid September its Rugby World Cup, accomdation will be scarce and expensive, flights will be ridiculous to say the least - if you are looking that timescale I would come after world cup when there will be big surpluses and potentially some bargains to be had...
Thanks Si for this valuable info. you are absolutely right about the Rugby World Cup issue. i am planning to book the flights next week that's two months in advance, would that resolve the flights issue?

also about the accommodation, i prefer to get a room with a flatmate not an entire apartment, do you think that shared houses/apartment would be increased as well?

Regards
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Thanks Si for this valuable info. you are absolutely right about the Rugby World Cup issue. i am planning to book the flights next week that's two months in advance, would that resolve the flights issue?

also about the accommodation, i prefer to get a room with a flatmate not an entire apartment, do you think that shared houses/apartment would be increased as well?

Regards
No idea on flights, expedia/opodo are good places to start, the country will be busy though. Rental accomodation should be just fine its more about where you will stay when you fist arrive if you are planning to go to a main centre if you don't already have a room lined up....
Old Jun 29th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Si19761
No idea on flights, expedia/opodo are good places to start, the country will be busy though. Rental accomodation should be just fine its more about where you will stay when you fist arrive if you are planning to go to a main centre if you don't already have a room lined up....
Thanks SI for this info, i will start the search mission now. i will keep you guys updated.

Thank you all.