Reload this Page >

Got it - just about!

Got it - just about!

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 11:42 pm
RD1
Just Joined

RD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Got it - just about!

After two months of quietly going mad wondering if my application had been lost I got an email on Wednesday asking for a phone interview, had the interview on Thursday and got the approval in principle letter on Saturday!

I think I'm still in shock, all I have to do now - once I get my passport back - is sell the house and buy a ticket (oh and quit my job). No idea what I'm going to do then.

Hadn't really expected some of the reactions though; initial reactions from friends when I told them I was applying was a great deal of encouragement but now it's for real I think they're in shock too, there's been a lot of "you're really going then?".

I am most definately happy right now, simply can't wait.

Rich
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got it - just about!

Originally Posted by RD1
After two months of quietly going mad wondering if my application had been lost I got an email on Wednesday asking for a phone interview, had the interview on Thursday and got the approval in principle letter on Saturday!

I think I'm still in shock, all I have to do now - once I get my passport back - is sell the house and buy a ticket (oh and quit my job). No idea what I'm going to do then.

Hadn't really expected some of the reactions though; initial reactions from friends when I told them I was applying was a great deal of encouragement but now it's for real I think they're in shock too, there's been a lot of "you're really going then?".

Rich
Congrats Rich - it's an amazing feeling aint it! Good luck with selling the house (that'll feel harder than getting the PR sometimes)
Any idea where you might end up - need any info on chch happy to help
Vicki
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future

congrats rich .we are thinking the same have they lost it ,but we are waiting to hear from the NZQA for chays full assessment, we sent it on the 26 Sept and haven't heard anything.I e-mailed them yesterday so hoping to hear soon then its sending all the info of to immigration and then i guess its waiting again to hear from them (not very good at all this waiting lark)chay just tacks it all day to day but i think were I'm at home every day with the boys i think about it more. Not reality yet just cant wait to go.CONGRATS again
Kerrie and Chay
Originally Posted by RD1

Rich
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RD1

Rich
Hi RD1, congratulaions and well done, hope you don't mind me asking but when did you submit your ITA? And I'm going to assume you didn't have a job offer having waited 2 months.

Only asking cos we're coming up for three months and seriously thinking they've lost it, or we've lost the plot.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 12:10 pm
RD1
Just Joined

RD1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, I'm still happy and the reality still hasn't sunk in yet
Selling the house really is going to be a test now, decided at the weekend to get the decorators in - at my current pace it'll never get done.

I have friends in Auckland so I will start there, I also expect that IT jobs will be a little easier to find in that area too. I plan on doing plenty of exploring in the first few months anyway.

congrats rich .we are thinking the same have they lost it ,but we are waiting to hear from the NZQA for chays full assessment, we sent it on the 26 Sept and haven't heard anything.I e-mailed them yesterday so hoping to hear soon then its sending all the info of to immigration and then i guess its waiting again to hear from them (not very good at all this waiting lark)chay just tacks it all day to day but i think were I'm at home every day with the boys i think about it more. Not reality yet just cant wait to go.CONGRATS again
Kerrie and Chay
I can't remember exactly when I sent the NZQA application off but it took longer than i was expecting - about 4-5 weeks to arrive on my doormat, the day before the ITA expired! had to pay £70 for a courrier to bike the application to the embassy the next day, close call. Thanks to internet banking I was watching my credit card charges to see when the application had been received

Hi RD1, congratulaions and well done, hope you don't mind me asking but when did you submit your ITA? And I'm going to assume you didn't have a job offer having waited 2 months.

Only asking cos we're coming up for three months and seriously thinking they've lost it, or we've lost the plot.
I submitted the application on 25 August, the NZIS London branch still says
For the week ending 14 October we are allocating files lodged up to, and including, 22 August.
and as I fall outside of that they must be working through others now too. My case is quite simple though, I'm single and got 120 points on the EOI without a job offer, no medical problems etc.
I got the email only after they had verified all the points score so just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean they're not processing it I guess. The more stuff they have to check the longer that part will take.

I found this link on Google that also gives more information on what they're up to...
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...erAugust04.doc

Any words of wisdom will be gratefully received, I plan on getting out to see as much of the country as possible and some of the experiences i read about on this forum are very inspiring so I'll keep an eye on those
I'm by no means an expert but I did do the application myself and if I can help anyone out then just shout

Rich
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:30 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RD1

Rich
Hi Rich,

Just wanted to say congrats on the visa, I bet you're really chuffed Time will fly by now and you'll be in NZ before you know it!

Great to see someone else will be heading to Auckland too

Jen