Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Got the emigration blues? Let's shake it on out anyway we can !

Got the emigration blues? Let's shake it on out anyway we can !

Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Talking Got the emigration blues? Let's shake it on out anyway we can !

Sometimes we just have the emigration blues.

It doesn't matter whether we are in NZ and think we want to get out. Or whether we are not in NZ and want to get in.

Let's shake the blues on out

A pre-crimbo thread for anything at all that can or will bring on a smile or laugh.

Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Got the emigration blues? Let's shake it on out anyway we can !

Dont know if this will work not good on the computer tend to leave it to OH
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
Farmers.wmv (2.87 MB, 299 views)
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:03 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I’d nibbled, the eggnog I’d taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I’d remember the marvelous meals I’d prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The punch and the candy, the bread and the cheese
And the way I’d not said, “No thank you, please.”
As I dressed myself in my husband’s old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt—
I said to myself, as I only can
“You can’t spend a winter disguised as a man!”
So–away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
“Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won’t have a cookie–not even a lick.
I’ll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won’t have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I’ll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I’m hungry, I’m lonesome, and life is a bore—
But isn’t that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:10 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Carols for the Psychiatrically Challenged

Schizophrenia — Do You Hear What I Hear?

Multiple Personality Disorder — We Three Queens Disoriented Are

Dementia — I Think I’ll be Home for Christmas

Narcissistic — Hark the Herald Angles Sing About Me

Manic — Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Busses and Trucks and trees and Fire Hydrants and……

Paranoid — Santa Claus is Coming to Get me

Borderline Personality Disorder — Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

Personality Disorder — You Better Watch Out, I’m Gonna Cry, I’m Gonna Pout, Maybe I’ll tell You Why

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder —Jingle Bells, jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells…
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:12 pm
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Dont know if this will work not good on the computer tend to leave it to OH
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

It could be worse - this woman spent 3,000 quid on that Lapland scam!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/7760237.stm

Can you imagine kiwis paying $80 each to enter a field with a couple of animals and some sprayed snow??
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:33 pm
By name and by nature

A Christmas Story for people having a bad day....

When four of Santa's elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones, Santa was beginning to feel the
pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mom was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where.

More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom. Just then the doorbell rang,
and irritable Santa trudged to the door.

He opened the door and there was a little angel with a great big Christmas tree. The angel said very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

And no, I don't have very much to do today

Last edited by Batty; Dec 8th 2008 at 11:40 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Dancing Elves

Upload pix of your family for an entertaining dancing elve display for your friends!

http://www.elfyourself.com/
Old Dec 9th 2008, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Merry Christmas
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
merrychristmas.wmv (2.50 MB, 280 views)
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:02 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Batty
Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.
The cookies I’d nibbled, the eggnog I’d taste
At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).
I’d remember the marvelous meals I’d prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The punch and the candy, the bread and the cheese
And the way I’d not said, “No thank you, please.”
As I dressed myself in my husband’s old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt—
I said to myself, as I only can
“You can’t spend a winter disguised as a man!”
So–away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
“Till all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won’t have a cookie–not even a lick.
I’ll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won’t have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I’ll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.
I’m hungry, I’m lonesome, and life is a bore—
But isn’t that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!
Love it!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Not strictly Christmassy but it may confuse those not here yet....a Kiwi ABC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ABC.PDF (686.6 KB, 149 views)
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

2008's First Christmas Joke ?
> Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.
>
> "In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said, "You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."
>
> The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said.
>
> "You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said.
>
> The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, "They're bells."
>
> Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".
>
> The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.
>
> St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, "And just what do those symbolize?"
>
>
> The man replied, "These are Carols."
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:25 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if this will work, but;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23lQNh_6ejc
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Here's a link that will make you giggle or at least put a smile some enjoy. It has got nothing to do with christmas but gawdddddddd is it funny.
Steve and Dee.
Now awaiting final decision from Immigration.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=93CPo0sBVZc

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 9th 2008 at 8:14 pm. Reason: just to embed the vid
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

We love this one, simple but strangely amusing..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVHZwI8pcA

and if you do find it funny, shift it up a gear....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aSEVCP...eature=related

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 9th 2008 at 8:11 pm. Reason: embedded coz they are brill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.