British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Got a bit of a story to tell.......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/got-bit-story-tell-483618/)

JohnThePom Feb 12th 2011 8:59 pm

Re: Got a bit of a story to tell..........

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 9170090)
Hehe! But remember this story has a boob job in it :D

I think Ian only got about as far on UK 2 NZ with this story as he has here. If I'm wrong and you've read the end perhaps you could give us a synopsis as this "I'm back to finish the story" lark is clearly a big tease :sneaky:

At the risk of being controversial - he's a salesman isn't he...

Led us up the garden path building up our expectations, got us hooked, but when we got to the end and we'd invested all our time it's not where we thought we were going and it's dis-satisfying.... oh and he's disappeared too!

Snake oil merchant!

Credit where credit's due, his writing style is quite good, so the journey was enjoyable anyway. There you go, a silver lining. :)

annabel1 Feb 13th 2011 9:28 pm

Absolutely hooked, have spent a little while reading through the whole of the tail and love it, can't wait for the next instalment !
Although some may have differing views I like to hear all sides of others Nz experiences, good and bad to give a full picture of life there. I do believe if you are aware and give some thought to what could happen that may not be positive you can (and i have often experienced) avoid or minimise it happening !
I am due to move out to Nz in 6 months and the bad doesn't put me off but helps equip me with useful knowledge to be aware of things.
I can't wait for the next installment !

Expat Kiwi Feb 14th 2011 6:14 am

Originally Posted by annabel1 (Post 9174038)
I can't wait for the next installment !

And a week later and its still not been written :rofl:

He's a salesman isn't he? I hope he doesn't keep his paying customers waiting this long......

annabel1 Feb 14th 2011 6:55 am

Ha ha ha, definitely wouldnt want to be waiting for a payment from him if that was the case.

But were all hooked ! ! ! ! So were beholdant to Ian !

Please let us know Ian what will help to get you into your writing flow and I am sure you will have an abundance of off offers (although i hope any potential requests are reasonable !)

JohnFeeOllieEllie Feb 16th 2011 12:35 am

Just spent till 1.00am reading this thread for last two nights please find Ian and family!

I'm going to Warrington UK tommorrow shall I call round his mother inlaws?

What happened to the dog?

sonlymewalter Feb 16th 2011 5:59 am

Originally Posted by JohnFeeOllieEllie (Post 9179311)
.........What happened to the dog?

he died of stinkyfeetitus:(

janetlindsey Feb 22nd 2011 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon (Post 7636849)
Basically.........yes!

I use to me addicted to "expat" forums, I wanted to know if people were going through the same up's and down's as us. I desperately searched to see if other people were finding emigrating as hard as us, I found it hard to cope with people who settled straight in with there new lives and felt hard done by that we had'nt.
Once I "got over" other people's joy's and happiness (don't mean that to read as it does) I just got on with our own lives and found it just as good, I use to compare people to us and got myself all worked up that we had not had the success they had............stupid really.
So yes, I don't post as much because I just don't have time. We as a family have so much now, but in a way we gained so much from the information and views of sites like this.

I will post more when I get time, at the point the story is now its when I got a camera so the next lot will have pictures. There are some brilliant photo's of NZ pure beauty.

Ian

Loved reading your story, would like to see some photos too. I'd also love to read your book if you write one about your experiences, your honesty and humour make it so interesting. :thumbup: x

Watt Dabney Feb 22nd 2011 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon (Post 9157825)
Hi Guy's I'm back :eek:

It's been a few years and were in a good place right now, I'll strat the story again in the next few days.

Your quite close with the 'boob job' stuff :rolleyes:

ooooooh Ian you are such a naughty, naughty boy :sneaky:

You are just one big tease arn't you.........and you just love it :sneaky:

xxxxxx

Must catch up soon x

sonlymewalter Feb 22nd 2011 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney (Post 9195066)
ooooooh Ian you are such a naughty, naughty boy :sneaky:

You are just one big tease arn't you.........and you just love it :sneaky:

xxxxxx

Must catch up soon x

if you know this dude please tell him there's a search party goin on:sneaky:

Rascal Feb 23rd 2011 12:05 am

Ian, come and finish this story now or else I will put your address and mobile phone number on here for everyone to pester the hell out of ya!!:rofl:

He'll be too busy having a good time in OZ!!:thumbup: (Like me):D

Now get your ass back on here and finish what you started!

Watt Dabney Feb 23rd 2011 1:14 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 9195104)
if you know this dude please tell him there's a search party goin on:sneaky:

oh I know him.......and he is a naughty boy :sneaky:

Give him his do's he has been really really busy of late he hasn't even managed some cheeky comments about the temp of his pool for his UK mates on facebook lately.........so he must be real busy lol;)

I would ask him for a real brief synopsis cause he will never cover everything in detail.

Go on Ian put em out of their misery ya cheeky bugger

Watt Dabney Feb 23rd 2011 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Rascal (Post 9195168)
Ian, come and finish this story now or else I will put your address and mobile phone number on here for everyone to pester the hell out of ya!!:rofl:

He'll be too busy having a good time in OZ!!:thumbup: (Like me):D

Now get your ass back on here and finish what you started!

Ha ha that had crossed my mind too Rascal !!!

To be fair he is real busy, Oz gets ya that way so much to do, be it fun times or major career development........so many opportunities so little time.

Rascal Feb 23rd 2011 3:00 am

Thats so true. Too much to do, so little time.

Just off to Sydney on Friday for the weekend then following weekend off to stay at friends in Newcastle again..

I'm still waiting for my invite to Brisbane though Ian!!:D LOL

JaneRiley Feb 28th 2011 1:26 am

Yes, Ian did give us a "bit" of a story as he said originally and we should have known there was to be no more. I suspect it may be too painful for him to re-visit the past now. My OH and I have been in NZ for nearly 18 months now and are on the brink of returning to UK. I haven't been back but my OH returned for a week earlier this month and said everywhere seemed dirty, no-one smiled and he felt quite depressed by it all. I'm desperate to return and now we are stuck in that awful no-mans land where we seem to be supporting different teams. I can't stand the sarcastic, " oh everything is perfect in UK though isn't it..."
There are days when I wish we had never come here and others where it seems ok. What a bloody mess.
Hope Ian and Sharon sorted things out but I really hope Ian never learnt to spell, that would have spoiled it. Thanks for the ride so far Ian and thank you to everyone on this site for honesty and sharing info.

Angelaoliver Feb 28th 2011 5:37 pm

Well I came on here looking for advice about tax and working freelance for UK while having a permanent job in NZ, but stumbled across this...... 4 hours later I am dying to know the end and have no info that I wanted!

I can only imagine it's great given Ian's last post... it's more intriguing when I know the places he refers to in the UK as I live not far away from there...

Good luck Ian and Sharon