British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Got a bit of a story to tell.......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/got-bit-story-tell-483618/)

irish_eyes Jun 13th 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Got a bit of a story to tell..........

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7643385)
Well tell us your story then,, beats waiting for Ian's! :D

Ya know I did think about telling my story as it would just be a "female" version of it but I think it would be a bit rude of me to do it as Ian hasn't finished his story yet and it clearly has an ending - Mine as yet does not! Mind you it would take a fair bit of time to tell the story as to whats happened so far in my life and that I can assure was alot!:o

scottishcelts Jun 14th 2009 1:36 am

Originally Posted by irish_eyes (Post 7662190)
Ya know I did think about telling my story as it would just be a "female" version of it but I think it would be a bit rude of me to do it as Ian hasn't finished his story yet and it clearly has an ending - Mine as yet does not! Mind you it would take a fair bit of time to tell the story as to whats happened so far in my life and that I can assure was alot!:o

Sounds interesting, you could always start a new thread story, that way there's no competition for Ian. :thumbsup:

BEVS Jun 14th 2009 5:39 am

Originally Posted by irish_eyes (Post 7662190)

You could always start a BE blog Irish-Eyes or simply start a new thread if you prefer.
With a blog , people can leave a comment but there wouldn't be other posts within your story. With a thread, as you have seen, there can be an assortment of posts from other users & sometimes people will take it off-topic a little if they want to comment on a point. Ian's thread had to be pruned a bit a while ago because of this.

Up to you of course. Would be lovely to read your story. :)

j19fmm Jun 14th 2009 6:02 pm

Go for it Irish eyes :wink_smile::starsmile:

irish_eyes Jun 15th 2009 12:54 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7662673)
You could always start a BE blog Irish-Eyes or simply start a new thread if you prefer.
With a blog , people can leave a comment but there wouldn't be other posts within your story. With a thread, as you have seen, there can be an assortment of posts from other users & sometimes people will take it off-topic a little if they want to comment on a point. Ian's thread had to be pruned a bit a while ago because of this.

Up to you of course. Would be lovely to read your story. :)

Thanks bevs, will do!

bourbon-biscuit Jun 15th 2009 12:57 am

Well Ian- you need to get on here and finish up the story because these guys are framing the wrong person for the boob job ;)

sonlymewalter Jun 15th 2009 8:54 am

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit (Post 7664969)
Well Ian- you need to get on here and finish up the story because these guys are framing the wrong person for the boob job ;)

You mean it was IAN:eek:

scottishcelts Jun 15th 2009 9:26 am

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 7665795)
You mean it was IAN:eek:

Ian's had a boob job? :ohmy::D

Has he you know whated as well???

cappuccino Jun 15th 2009 10:31 am

Ian is actually that Susan 'bloke' who had 2 babies, doncha know :rofl:

Jim Smith Oct 5th 2009 5:50 pm

Come on Ian, we can't wait for ever, even if it seems we have too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scottish Family Nov 12th 2009 3:45 am

OMG Ian,

I can't believe you still haven't finished this tale. I know we've all got lives to lead but leaving things this long is really 'taking the biscuit'.:p Its been nearly a year since I last checked and today I felt sure it would all be done and dusted. Just imagine how shocked I was.:eek: In the nicest possible way...Get The Finger Out mate, or ten of them to be exact and get typing for God's sake before we all die of old age on here!:lol: Here's hoping:fingerscrossed:.

Baby75 Jan 4th 2010 12:04 pm

2010 and the story is yet to be finished, Come on Ian......

BEVS Jan 4th 2010 9:19 pm

Maybe a PM to him would help. :unsure:

Jim Smith Apr 14th 2010 11:27 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8218421)
Maybe a PM to him would help. :unsure:

Come on Ian, it's 6 months since my last nudge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnThePom Apr 14th 2010 10:55 pm

Well I'm glad you bumped it because I got to read it but..... things don't look promising from a completion point of view.

Maybe he really is making into a printed book!! ;)