Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Got a bit of a story to tell..........

Got a bit of a story to tell..........

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a bit of a story to tell..........

I'll post some more tonight!

Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at night school So I have a quick surf while nobodies looking!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:36 am
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

Gr8 news!!!

LB
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:49 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I'll post some more tonight!

Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at night school So I have a quick surf while nobodies looking!
Stop teasing and get a move on. Bloody slack arse
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Stop teasing and get a move on. Bloody slack arse
That's Shazzer not me
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

That night I booked the flights, we would fly from Manchester to Singapore then on to Auckland, we’d land in Auckland around 12.30pm on Saturday. I rang my Dad and arranged for him to come down to see his new Granddaughter, he told me that he would be on his own as Irene had loads of things to do. I did not tell him that we had decided to move back I thought it would be better that I explained to him when and why when I saw him. I also managed to get hold of Callum and the next day would go and see him, he did not seem to bothered about seeing me, I did want to see him even if I knew that the farther – son bond was getting weaker and would soon be totally diluted due to distance.
The next day I went to Sharon’s Mums in anticipation of my Dads visit that does sound that he was making his way from a distant City; he was travelling 8 miles from outskirts of Liverpool to St Helens! Anyway he turned up and we chatted, you know the basic chit chat. He did not mention about leaving NZ but did say that his trip was planned and that Irene had to rearrange everything because there initial plans had to be changed, he did not mention why but the way he said it sound really false, he should have just said “we’ve had to change everything because of you” or “you’ve cocked us up by leaving” that would have been better because we could have replied and defended ourselves but because of the way it was said it was a closed statement. Anyway after a cup of tea he dropped me off at Debbie’s, that’s when I could have a good chat with him and inform him of our plan and the fact that we were going to give NZ another go. He was sat next to me in the car but he may as well been sat on the moon as I knew what I had just told him had not registered, I did not whisper and was direct with our reasons and told him when we were flying out and even who with but I could tell it went straight through, this was confirmed when he said that he would pop up to see me in a couple of days FFS we would not be hear we’d be on our way to NZ!
That afternoon Callus Mum picked me up and took me to there house, now this was going to be hard. Andrea started to ask me all kinds of questions about settling back in the UK, you know “have you got a job yet” she would ask that sort of question first, she just wanted her money. If you can imagine the stereo typical one parent family, council house with every thing new inside and all up to date, nice car parked outside and kids always had the up to date designed trainers but they did not work! Well that was Andrea! To me it was wrong but I gave her a sum of money each week as well as the CSA I had to pay and to me that was all she was bothered about.
Anyway I talked to Callum and explained that this was really a holiday and we were going back to NZ, I told him that one day if he wanted he could come and join us and if he wanted he could come and visit for what ever length of time, if he wanted to move out with us that that would be great. I knew he was upset but he did not show it and all I wanted to do once I had told him was get out, I know that sound horrible but that’s how I felt, it was like I had done my job and did not need or want to hang around there anymore, I knew that Andrea would come out with some more snide comments and being honest I did deserve what every comment she was going to chuck at me.
So that was that then, flights were booked everyone who needed to be told had been told and we could now just get on with everything and have a bit of a holiday, well I’d had a holiday anyway.
Only two sleeps left and we would be on our way back I could not wait, Sharon was getting nervous and her Mum and Dad were quiet which was to be expected, at the end of the day they were losing the daughter and grand kids again and again and I was a big bad wolf!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeeeaaaahhh at long last,but it's not enough. Come on Ian get typing!!!

Phyl x
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:36 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

come on LOL
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:37 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Is that it

Only kidding mate. Great story. Now get a bloody move on. I want to see how it ends.

I'm gonna play "Ian the stud muffin salesman" when the fillum comes out

Gissa part
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

linzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nicelinzihardisty is just really nice
Talking Re: Got a bit of a story to tell..........

We need more, more, more!!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:16 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent story Ian.... I suppose the reason for the fragmented delivery is really in the thread title... Got a "bit" of a story to tell!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 8:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
Excellent story Ian.... I suppose the reason for the fragmented delivery is really in the thread title... Got a "bit" of a story to tell!
hey, hadn't thought on it like that - maybe that's the ploy from the start!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Yotty
... Got a "bit" of a story to tell!
And I've got a bit of a life to live

I'm spending it on this sodding computer looking for a story to be finished
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
And I've got a bit of a life to live
Basically.........yes!

I use to me addicted to "expat" forums, I wanted to know if people were going through the same up's and down's as us. I desperately searched to see if other people were finding emigrating as hard as us, I found it hard to cope with people who settled straight in with there new lives and felt hard done by that we had'nt.
Once I "got over" other people's joy's and happiness (don't mean that to read as it does) I just got on with our own lives and found it just as good, I use to compare people to us and got myself all worked up that we had not had the success they had............stupid really.
So yes, I don't post as much because I just don't have time. We as a family have so much now, but in a way we gained so much from the information and views of sites like this.

I will post more when I get time, at the point the story is now its when I got a camera so the next lot will have pictures. There are some brilliant photo's of NZ pure beauty.

Ian
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Tease.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Basically.........yes!

I use to me addicted to "expat" forums, I wanted to know if people were going through the same up's and down's as us. I desperately searched to see if other people were finding emigrating as hard as us, I found it hard to cope with people who settled straight in with there new lives and felt hard done by that we had'nt.
Once I "got over" other people's joy's and happiness (don't mean that to read as it does) I just got on with our own lives and found it just as good, I use to compare people to us and got myself all worked up that we had not had the success they had............stupid really.
So yes, I don't post as much because I just don't have time. We as a family have so much now, but in a way we gained so much from the information and views of sites like this.

I will post more when I get time, at the point the story is now its when I got a camera so the next lot will have pictures. There are some brilliant photo's of NZ pure beauty.

Ian
Hey.......you buggar. Never mind you've got a life. Get back on here you lightweight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.