Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Goodie parcel to send back to UK

Goodie parcel to send back to UK

Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodie parcel to send back to UK

Hello...

As some of you know my mum is always sending me "goodie parcels" out from the UK.... well, we want to send one back to them for a change.

I need ideas of what I can put in it.... treats that you definately cant get back in the UK... not too large please or postage will be horrendous.

I will really appreciate your ideas as we came to a mental block after thinking of Lamb and Mint crisps and Pineapple Lumps....

Please help.... thanks!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:30 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Goodie parcel to send back to UK

How about a necklace in a Maori design, a fluffy kiwi(bird!) or pukeko, small jar of kiwifruit sweets. I have sent all these things to various people back home. I think they were gratefully received
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hello...

As some of you know my mum is always sending me "goodie parcels" out from the UK.... well, we want to send one back to them for a change.

I need ideas of what I can put in it.... treats that you definately cant get back in the UK... not too large please or postage will be horrendous.

I will really appreciate your ideas as we came to a mental block after thinking of Lamb and Mint crisps and Pineapple Lumps....

Please help.... thanks!!!!
Sorry to be a pain but you can get Lamb & Mint crisps in the UK made by Walkers & they're nicer than the ones here

Something small made from Rimu wood (we've sent back coasters, letter openers etc. - nice & light)

Difficult to think of anything else

Last edited by mickey_d; Aug 5th 2007 at 10:42 am.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Moro bars if they like choccie,
steak and cheese pie, but i don't think it'll last the journey
Sniffters or jaffa's (as un the sweet kind)
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:02 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Milo, small bag of skippy cereal, vacuum packed NZ gourmet cheese, Anzac biscuits, mighty perky nana bars, packet mix for apricot chicken, packet of vegge crisps (the ones that are a cross between prawn crackers and quavers)
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

My Mother-In-Law loves her cup of tea, still has Ringtons deliver it. We sent some Dilmah tea back wich came in a nice Kiwi promotional tin. Postage cost twice what the gift did but it was worth it. Dunno if the do Dilmah in UK? She would never have bought it anyway.

Rob
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

My Kiwi rellies always used to send us a Sheepskin and various jars of local honey ! The Manuka (Tea Tree) is a unique NZ honey.
I think that Manuka/Propopolis tooth paste is quite novel too, and how about some Soft Licorice.
Does anyone know about the regulations though, my wife had to pay MAF the expenses for a parcel that some one sent us from Europe, to be destroyed, can a parcel be sent to England/Europe without such problems ?

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 6th 2007 at 2:49 am.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:19 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate Fish - for a treat.

A big fat weta - for a surprise!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the ideas... Id already thought of Choc Fish... I think they are pretty horrible... so they can make their own minds up if I send them some!

I have no idea if I can send stuff like Honey (good idea though)... I might have to just send stuff like biscuits and chocs.

I'll have a look around the supermarket next time I go. Cheers again for the ideas!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:34 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Him and Me
Hi,
Moro bars if they like choccie,
steak and cheese pie, but i don't think it'll last the journey
Sniffters or jaffa's (as un the sweet kind)

Is that a hint missus ??? .....
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Thanks for the ideas... Id already thought of Choc Fish... I think they are pretty horrible... so they can make their own minds up if I send them some!

I have no idea if I can send stuff like Honey (good idea though)... I might have to just send stuff like biscuits and chocs.

I'll have a look around the supermarket next time I go. Cheers again for the ideas!
I always have the image of the parcel passing through tropical Singapore and all the melting brown choccie going over the sheepskin/Maori Tikis, no meltable products for my parcel !
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
I always have the image of the parcel passing through tropical Singapore and all the melting brown choccie going over the sheepskin/Maori Tikis, no meltable products for my parcel !
lol.... I got a goodie parcel from mum last month and I had to ask her if the bar of Galaxy was banana shaped when she sent it.... she said no! It still tasted good!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Is that a hint missus ??? .....
would I