British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Goodie parcel to send back to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/goodie-parcel-send-back-uk-471644/)

SarahB Aug 5th 2007 8:26 am

Goodie parcel to send back to UK

Hello...

As some of you know my mum is always sending me "goodie parcels" out from the UK.... well, we want to send one back to them for a change.

I need ideas of what I can put in it.... treats that you definately cant get back in the UK... not too large please or postage will be horrendous.

I will really appreciate your ideas as we came to a mental block after thinking of Lamb and Mint crisps and Pineapple Lumps....:D:confused:

Please help.... thanks!!!! :D:D

AnnieNell Aug 5th 2007 8:30 am

Re: Goodie parcel to send back to UK

How about a necklace in a Maori design, a fluffy kiwi(bird!) or pukeko, small jar of kiwifruit sweets. I have sent all these things to various people back home. I think they were gratefully received;)

mickey_d Aug 5th 2007 10:38 am

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 5150128)
Hello...

As some of you know my mum is always sending me "goodie parcels" out from the UK.... well, we want to send one back to them for a change.

I need ideas of what I can put in it.... treats that you definately cant get back in the UK... not too large please or postage will be horrendous.

I will really appreciate your ideas as we came to a mental block after thinking of Lamb and Mint crisps and Pineapple Lumps....:D:confused:

Please help.... thanks!!!! :D:D

Sorry to be a pain but you can get Lamb & Mint crisps in the UK made by Walkers & they're nicer than the ones here:eek:

Something small made from Rimu wood (we've sent back coasters, letter openers etc. - nice & light)

Difficult to think of anything else:confused:

Him and Me Aug 5th 2007 8:34 pm

Hi,
Moro bars:wub: if they like choccie,
steak and cheese pie, but i don't think it'll last the journey:eek:
Sniffters or jaffa's (as un the sweet kind):rofl:

TeamEmbo Aug 5th 2007 9:02 pm

Milo, small bag of skippy cereal, vacuum packed NZ gourmet cheese, Anzac biscuits, mighty perky nana bars, packet mix for apricot chicken, packet of vegge crisps (the ones that are a cross between prawn crackers and quavers)

Gill and Rob Aug 5th 2007 10:16 pm

My Mother-In-Law loves her cup of tea, still has Ringtons deliver it. We sent some Dilmah tea back wich came in a nice Kiwi promotional tin. Postage cost twice what the gift did but it was worth it. Dunno if the do Dilmah in UK? She would never have bought it anyway.

Rob

brussels_sprout Aug 6th 2007 2:46 am

My Kiwi rellies always used to send us a Sheepskin and various jars of local honey ! The Manuka (Tea Tree) is a unique NZ honey.
I think that Manuka/Propopolis tooth paste is quite novel too, and how about some Soft Licorice.
Does anyone know about the regulations though, my wife had to pay MAF the expenses for a parcel that some one sent us from Europe, to be destroyed, can a parcel be sent to England/Europe without such problems ?

Biddy Aug 6th 2007 3:19 am

Chocolate Fish - for a treat.

A big fat weta - for a surprise!:rofl:

SarahB Aug 6th 2007 4:33 am

Thanks for the ideas... Id already thought of Choc Fish... I think they are pretty horrible... so they can make their own minds up if I send them some! :D

I have no idea if I can send stuff like Honey (good idea though)... I might have to just send stuff like biscuits and chocs.

I'll have a look around the supermarket next time I go. Cheers again for the ideas! :)

P2L Aug 6th 2007 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Him and Me (Post 5151920)
Hi,
Moro bars:wub: if they like choccie,
steak and cheese pie, but i don't think it'll last the journey:eek:
Sniffters or jaffa's (as un the sweet kind):rofl:

Is that a hint missus ??? :D.....:sneaky:

brussels_sprout Aug 6th 2007 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SarahB (Post 5153013)
Thanks for the ideas... Id already thought of Choc Fish... I think they are pretty horrible... so they can make their own minds up if I send them some! :D

I have no idea if I can send stuff like Honey (good idea though)... I might have to just send stuff like biscuits and chocs.

I'll have a look around the supermarket next time I go. Cheers again for the ideas! :)

I always have the image of the parcel passing through tropical Singapore and all the melting brown choccie going over the sheepskin/Maori Tikis, no meltable products for my parcel !

SarahB Aug 6th 2007 9:10 am

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout (Post 5153579)
I always have the image of the parcel passing through tropical Singapore and all the melting brown choccie going over the sheepskin/Maori Tikis, no meltable products for my parcel !

lol.... I got a goodie parcel from mum last month and I had to ask her if the bar of Galaxy was banana shaped when she sent it.... she said no! It still tasted good! :D

Him and Me Aug 6th 2007 10:09 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 5153321)
Is that a hint missus ??? :D.....:sneaky:

would I:rofl::p