Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Goodbye and thank you

Goodbye and thank you

Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye and thank you

I don't visit British expats very often now and thought it was time to hang up my hat. I have been given a huge amount of advice from everyone on here and it has helped no end.

We have been here almost 18 months now and are loving every minute of it. We have built a house, grow our own veg, kids very happy in school, I'm now studying a degree and life is extremely good. Yes money can be tight with only one wage coming in, but we wouldn't change it for the world, NZ is our home and we are here to stay, life is what you make of it.

Thank you to B.expats for answering my sometimes stupid questions and making new friends.

We don't regret a thing good luck to all of you on your journey, dreams can come true.

Thanks and goodbye
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:02 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye and thank you

Originally Posted by teebrown
I don't visit British expats very often now and thought it was time to hang up my hat. I have been given a huge amount of advice from everyone on here and it has helped no end.

We have been here almost 18 months now and are loving every minute of it. We have built a house, grow our own veg, kids very happy in school, I'm now studying a degree and life is extremely good. Yes money can be tight with only one wage coming in, but we wouldn't change it for the world, NZ is our home and we are here to stay, life is what you make of it.

Thank you to B.expats for answering my sometimes stupid questions and making new friends.

We don't regret a thing good luck to all of you on your journey, dreams can come true.

Thanks and goodbye
Ahhh....don't go!!! your experience has been an inspiration to many I'm sure, and even if you only pop in to give an update every now & then I for one would read it with interest!!
So glad every thing is what you dreamed it would be.....good luck & long may it continue for you & your family
B x
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks and goodbye
Good luck... have enjoyed ur posts! always welcome bk!
Berni
x
Old Jul 26th 2010, 6:17 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

No sorry you can't leave for a couple of years at least I will have too many questions about your house build....
Old Jul 26th 2010, 7:07 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no pleasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee keep us posted with the housebuild

So pleased you have settled so well & hope can as well

Dewb xx
Old Jul 27th 2010, 8:24 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and goodbye

Knowing just how busy Teebrown is, to the point that our kids go to the same school and I haven't seen her in waaaayyyy too long, BE are lucky she's been here this long.

I too don't post as much as I did when I started this journey almost four years ago and I think it really is the natural progression of things and tbh I would view it as a 'success' that we have drifted away.

These days I am working fulltime, we have a wide network of friends both Pom and Kiwi and are accepted by both and are kids are turning into true Kiwis ( so will we in another 18 months)

But in those early days I was so grateful for the info I found on this site and the people who supported and really understood what we were going through. I've made a few friends along the way too ( you know who you are!) so for all of you out there in the midst of immigration insanity, use this site for what it was designed for and the experiences that people like teebrown have shared with you all, learn from it and maybe one day, you'll be saying thank you and goodbye too