Goodbye to NZ

Old Dec 16th 2018, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye to NZ

Well, it's been coming for a while what with changes to my employers and job roles over the last few years but I'm having to call it a day on NZ
Old Father Time has caught up with me and I've now reached the cutoff of that grand old age of 56 as of Saturday Dec. 15th.

I know that there are one or two sceptics on here who think that we had no intention of coming to NZ but the reverse has been true.
In 2013 we did an exploratory visit to NZ, liked what we saw and both my wife and I along with 2 of our 3 kids wanted to come.

In 2014 I received a good solid job offer from Tegel Foods based in Auckland but family circumstances (deaths in the family and a breakdown in the relationship of the one son who wasn't coming to NZ) meant that I had to reluctantly not make the move at that time. I received another lesser offer from a 2nd company in Auckland later that year but I turned that one down as we couldn't agree on what constituted a reasonable salary. The offer from Tegel was a really good one and I regret not taking it as I haven't, at the various times I have been searching for roles in NZ, received another offer despite several phone/Skype interviews directly with employers.

Reaching the age of 56 is of course crucial as it means that I can no longer apply for PR.

It is therefore with a heavy heart that I must say goodbye to NZ and thank each and everyone of you who has offered advice and words of encouragement over the years.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and best wishes for you all to have prosperous futures.

Steve

Last edited by Stephen Jones; Dec 16th 2018 at 5:41 pm. Reason: previous bad grammar & mis-types
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye to NZ

Sorry to read this Steve, as I have been along with you on this journey and know how hard you tried.
I hope that you have been able to renew your relationship with your son and find a place you feel happy in within the UK.
New Zealand will still be there for long holidays in years to come, you never know one or other of your children may make the move and you could then utilise the parent/grandparent visa.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year
Old Dec 16th 2018, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
Sorry to read this Steve, as I have been along with you on this journey and know how hard you tried.
I hope that you have been able to renew your relationship with your son and find a place you feel happy in within the UK.
New Zealand will still be there for long holidays in years to come, you never know one or other of your children may make the move and you could then utilise the parent/grandparent visa.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year

Thanks MrsF.
I've appreciated your wise words and encouragement over the years.

Steve
Old Dec 17th 2018, 2:06 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry NZ didn't work out for you Steve. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and I hope 2019 is a great year for you all.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 4:12 am
cym
Forum Regular

cym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant futurecym has a brilliant future

yn dda mae llefydd gwaeth i fyw na cymru
Old Dec 19th 2018, 9:57 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Stephen. Any hopes of any early retirement to spend a few months in NZ?
Old Dec 20th 2018, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

Best of luck to you back in Blighty!
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks you
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Sorry NZ didn't work out for you Steve. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and I hope 2019 is a great year for you all.
Thank You.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cym View Post
yn dda mae llefydd gwaeth i fyw na cymru
Ceir yn wir!
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsCakey View Post
Best of luck to you back in Blighty!
Thanks Mrs Cakey.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch View Post
Sorry to hear that Stephen. Any hopes of any early retirement to spend a few months in NZ?
Not at this time unfortunately,
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

ok bye....