Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Goodbye to this forum

Goodbye to this forum

Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all
Thumbs down Goodbye to this forum

I'm getting very fed up of posting threads and getting sarcastic responses or people wanting to have a go at me. I'm 24 years old with 2 children and this is a huge huge thing moving to the other side of the world, can people on here not just be supportive and help each other out? Is it too much to ask?
I posted about the things I have noticed since being in Chch and get a sarcastic response, I post about where to live only to be told "check a map"
why???
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:49 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye to this forum

This is an open forum and you will get people who like nothing better than to be sarcastic and have a dig. Ignore it. There are loads more on here who are friendly and helpful if you ask. Have a glass of wine and chill, things will seem better in the morning. I am in chch too, so if i can help at all just pm me....sue
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey19
I'm getting very fed up of posting threads and getting sarcastic responses or people wanting to have a go at me. I'm 24 years old with 2 children and this is a huge huge thing moving to the other side of the world, can people on here not just be supportive and help each other out? Is it too much to ask?
I posted about the things I have noticed since being in Chch and get a sarcastic response, I post about where to live only to be told "check a map"
why???
sorry you feel that way. it does go round in circles a bit on here, you'll get a few sarcastic repsonses from some (usually the same sad buggers!!) , but most are helpful , friendly & a laugh. maybe you was just plain unlucky with who replied to you.
best wishes xx

Last edited by poppets; Feb 11th 2007 at 8:55 am.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

why???
Do you know what love? Know what you mean!! Saw that response-I've had a crack at a couple of sarcastic pr*cks today,and I'm not normally that arsed (sorry,it's Danny again!). Just post when you need to and ignore the sarcasm-a lot of which aren't even people who are here!!
Just get your 24 yr old arse to Welly where everyone's nice (hi all the Wellies),and keep your chin up.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:54 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
This is an open forum and you will get people who like nothing better than to be sarcastic and have a dig. Ignore it. There are loads more on here who are friendly and helpful if you ask. Have a glass of wine and chill, things will seem better in the morning. I am in chch too, so if i can help at all just pm me....sue
i am not in NZ at all (aus), just wanted to say, not everybody is the same. you will find some sarcastic comments etc on forums. you have to learn to rise above them, and smile whilst you think f#@k off

chin up and keep smiling. you are in a beautiful country with 2 children and have your whole life ahead of you. life is tto short to get worked up over some smart arsed cyber comments bypeople who you dont even know (and they dont know you).
xx
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:58 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Im with the others

Please dont let the odd sarcastic comment or arsehole put you off this site.

Most people are on here for information, a chat and hopefully a laugh along the way
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't go!

why???

There are always Knobs on any web site.........

Rise above it.......................

Don't lower yourself to their level.................

Otherwise they win..................

Above all never call them names................

Did I just write Knobs??????

Whoops......well you know what I mean...........I hope!

Sending you some non-sarcastic, but plainly miserable cheer-you-up Karma.........may help...........but probably not!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all

Thanks guys, I think Im just feling a little bit off, missing family already
Saying godbye to my 70 year old nan and watching her cry was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I am still feeling "bad" about leaving.

I'm not usually this narky and I from now on I will take it on the chin, thankyou again

stacey
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:52 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Like the others said - ignore the idiots. They surface from time to time and try their best to bring the tone down. They're not worth your attention
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:57 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I think Im just feling a little bit off, missing family already
Saying godbye to my 70 year old nan and watching her cry was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I am still feeling "bad" about leaving.

I'm not usually this narky and I from now on I will take it on the chin, thankyou again

stacey
it is hard stacey. i know, i have been there. never thought i would, but i was. it does get better hun, honestly. take each day at a time, and try to keep yourself busy. go out for a mooch with the little uns, go to mother and toddler groups etc. put yourself out there and smile at folk. i used to think everyone knew i was a foreigner and that they wouldnt talk to me, but they did. we have been here 6 months now, and every day it is easier. pm me if you need to off load.
xx
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:04 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

why???
DON'T GO!! Seriously, yes, some things aren't very helpful and some people do say some annoying things. But the majority are really wonderful people, I think your'll find some good friends here. Sorry that its not been going well at the moment xx
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I've been posting here and OZ forum for 3+ yrs and have seen some appalling replies to genuine posts. BUT I have also encountered some fantastic, friendly, helpful people.
Even the old 'nice guy' has given me karma

Stick around and make friends, at least till you find Kiwi friends locally
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

booty has a spectacular aura aboutbooty has a spectacular aura aboutbooty has a spectacular aura about

Yes Stacey,

Noticed this myself, wanted some advice from those in the know before heading of into the great unknown. Got some good advice from some folks but others, well I think they must be lonely expats just wanting a bit of good old fashioned english moaning. Its really useful to get some inside info but please remember back to when you were moving all you miseries, it is a really big thing, very stressful and exciting all at the same time. Sarcastic comments just add to the worry. Still if you have nothing else to do..... I suppose it is a link back to the UK!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:02 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It takes a good six months for the homesickness to wear off, sometimes you can't put your finger on why you feel like you do and often it can't actually described as homesickness. But it does make you feel genuinely ill and folk underestimate how much it disorientates you and makes you feel isolated. Hope you're feeling a little better today
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

why???
Aaah that's right. You were the person who had posted a long list of places to live, and included Twizel on the list (when commuting from ChCh). The reply wasn't sarcastic at all, I did spend quite a lot of time working through your list and offered helpful advice, and did point out that these things would become a lot easier once you were on this side of the planet. As I would imagine they have...
I am happy that you are happy in ChCh, and that you have chosen Sumner as a base (even though that does cause you traffic trouble to get into town, it has a lovely atmosphere).

I hope your children are now settling into school, and everything is better. The first few weeks are so hard as things are done differently and you don't know the rules in this strange country.

Good luck for the future!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.