British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   was to good to be true!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/good-true-519118/)

dave.and.lisa Mar 4th 2008 3:55 pm

was to good to be true!!!!!

Lack of info from the agents...Short version is the couple buying the house off our buyers, the bank have said on reviewing their application they need to put down a bigger deposit which they can't get!!! So our buyers can't proceed so back on the market:thumbdown: they always say when its too good to be true it usually is!!!!:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I have read the same story so many times on here so I know I am in good company:thumbsup:

pumpkinlou Mar 4th 2008 4:09 pm

Re: was to good to be true!!!!!

:thumbdown:

What a bummer. If they liked it, it means others will too. So I'm sure it won't be too long.

I am dreading putting ours on the market for the same reasons. It never runs smoothly does it.

Sending you some House Selling Karma :)

Lou
xx

dave.and.lisa Mar 4th 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks for the Karma Lou x:D

Frenchy Mar 4th 2008 7:01 pm

What a blow but as Lou says someone else will be along very soon!!! My house was on for a good while with 20 plus viewers so I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!! But its so worth the wait!! They held my job open from June to Jan so they are well used to this!!!! Will e mail you x:)

dave.and.lisa Mar 4th 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks Frenchy, I know these things happen all the time and fingers crossed someone else will love our house soon:thumbup:
lisax

krissie Mar 4th 2008 11:15 pm

shame about that...our house (in Accy) was on market for 12mths....people messing us about...but it will sell in the end!!!!:thumbup:

Nerine Mar 4th 2008 11:23 pm

:thumbdown: That's really rotten luck. Hope you get another buyer lined up soon, perhaps the agents can tap-up a previous viewer and generate some interest from them.

Maz Mar 5th 2008 12:10 am

I think housing markets - at least for sellers... - suck all over the globe right now. I'm so sorry! :( :( :( Best of luck!

dave.and.lisa Mar 5th 2008 7:32 am

Originally Posted by krissie (Post 6018235)
shame about that...our house (in Accy) was on market for 12mths....people messing us about...but it will sell in the end!!!!:thumbup:

Hi Krissie, A fellow Accringtonion, so people do manage to leave Accrington there is hope!!!!!:D:D

krissie Mar 5th 2008 9:12 am

oh yes there is hope!! you will leave...do you have to wait for your house to sell?? we moved and left it on the market...we wer lucky that the inlaws paid mortgage for us till it sold. ended up dropping quite a bit but we just wanted to be shut of it and to start fresh here! still miss the place tho........a bit.....

dave.and.lisa Mar 5th 2008 12:41 pm

Yes we do need to sell unfortunately!!!But just phoned estate agent with a plan to help bottom of chain so fingers crossed!!!!I will Start to get desparate in July then we will review!!!:unsure: