Reload this Page >

Good Suburbs in Auckland?

Good Suburbs in Auckland?

Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Sharon&Darrell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Suburbs in Auckland?

Hi Everyone!

Please can you assist us! as We will be moving to Auckland within the next few months due to my partner, Darrell getting a job offer - which is very exciting - Can anyone recommend areas around the Auckland Area? We have obviously looked at various websites etc. however any assistance would be most helpful?? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Suburbs in Auckland?

I bought the book "Where to Live in Auckland"; it has a wealth of information and I'd thoroughly recommend it. Website here:

http://www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz/

Originally Posted by Sharon&Darrell
Hi Everyone!

Please can you assist us! as We will be moving to Auckland within the next few months due to my partner, Darrell getting a job offer - which is very exciting - Can anyone recommend areas around the Auckland Area? We have obviously looked at various websites etc. however any assistance would be most helpful?? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Good Suburbs in Auckland?

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
I bought the book "Where to Live in Auckland"; it has a wealth of information and I'd thoroughly recommend it. Website here:

http://www.wheretoliveinauckland.co.nz/
Thanks very much for your help! I certainly will get a copy! I think we have most other books on working and living in New Zealand but I am sure this will be more specific to our needs - so thanks again!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Sharon. Much will depend on where in Auckland your partner has a job offer and how much you have to spend. Auckland is a sprawling city but very diverse. there is the opportunity to live by the beach, in the bush, city, suburbia, country, on an island or even on the slopes of a sleeping volcano.If you have children being in the 'right zone' tends to be very important to many Aucklanders. Cheers binman
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by binman
Hello Sharon. Much will depend on where in Auckland your partner has a job offer and how much you have to spend. Auckland is a sprawling city but very diverse. there is the opportunity to live by the beach, in the bush, city, suburbia, country, on an island or even on the slopes of a sleeping volcano.If you have children being in the 'right zone' tends to be very important to many Aucklanders. Cheers binman
Hi Binman! Thanks for your assistance. I think we are going to get a copy of that book - where to live in Auckland! Is there any areas that are less desirable? Do you know what area One Tree Hill is like? Have you been in NZ for long? Thanks again!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Binman! Thanks for your assistance. I think we are going to get a copy of that book - where to live in Auckland! Is there any areas that are less desirable? Do you know what area One Tree Hill is like? Have you been in NZ for long? Thanks again!
Hello Sharon and Darrell. Yes I have been here a long time although it doesn't feel that way. The pine on top of One Tree Hill was cut down about four years ago now by someone trying to make a statement about something or other. You are probably familiar with the song by U2 about 'the hill' which is in fact a volcano. The immediate areas bordering One Tree Hill are upmarket and close to some of the expensive private schools in Auckland [by NZ standards] There is easy access to the CBD and yes it would be a pleasant place to live. Try doing a google for Logan Cambell, the father of Auckland City. One Tree Hill is surrounded by a park named in his honour. There are a number of areas in Auckland that one may wish to avoid. Unfortunately people regard South Auckland as one of these areas, but as I mentioned previously Auckland is sprawling city and there are many areas within South Auckland that are worth considering. Cheers binman

Last edited by binman; Apr 7th 2005 at 2:30 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:09 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone!

North Shore(from devonport to milford, glenfield, albany etc:not northcote, birkenhead, highbury tho), East coast bays, ponsonby, parnell, herne bay, mission bay, st heliers,remuwera, kohimaramara,pt.chevalier.

Avoid south auckland.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Tayberry will become famous soon enoughTayberry will become famous soon enough

Hi there Sharon&Darell.

One Tree Hill is situated in an area called Epsom. I work at Greenlane Hospital which lies in front of the "hill". There are some truly beautiful houses in this area-quite ornate woodwork, stained glass windows etc but it's very, very expensive here. Some of the houses have been priced at over $1,000,000!!! Even if you don't end up here, it's definitely worth going up to the summit. There are some breathtaking views of Auckland to be found there!!! Plus, it's worth just going to check out the sheep and cows, who wander freely and aimlessly around the park!!!

I cover West central Auckland as I'm a district nurse-the great thing is, I get the opportunity to go into peoples' houses and I've gotten to know the suburbs in this area really welll. If there is anywhere west of the city centre, give me a shout and I might be able to give you an idea of what the suburb is like i.e sort of houses, nature of the suburb, general population mix in the specific area, amenities, blah blah blah.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

SAINT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tayberry
Hi there Sharon&Darell.

One Tree Hill is situated in an area called Epsom. I work at Greenlane Hospital which lies in front of the "hill". There are some truly beautiful houses in this area-quite ornate woodwork, stained glass windows etc but it's very, very expensive here. Some of the houses have been priced at over $1,000,000!!! Even if you don't end up here, it's definitely worth going up to the summit. There are some breathtaking views of Auckland to be found there!!! Plus, it's worth just going to check out the sheep and cows, who wander freely and aimlessly around the park!!!

I cover West central Auckland as I'm a district nurse-the great thing is, I get the opportunity to go into peoples' houses and I've gotten to know the suburbs in this area really welll. If there is anywhere west of the city centre, give me a shout and I might be able to give you an idea of what the suburb is like i.e sort of houses, nature of the suburb, general population mix in the specific area, amenities, blah blah blah.
Hi, Tayberry,

Please let me know the area called Titirangi and the area around the Auckland Grammer School.

Thank you very much in advance.

ST