Reload this Page >

Good & reliable shipping company

Good & reliable shipping company

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 7:31 am
Just Joined

chief.brody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good & reliable shipping company

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good and reliable shipping company. There's so many out there I'm a bit lost and not sure who to go with.

We don't have the whole house to move just (no furniture etc) just books, kitchen stuff, clothes, toys etc....

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all
Default Re: Good & reliable shipping company

Anglo Pacific were good for me - everything turned up on time in the UK, got to NZn the day they said it would and at this end the guy in the shipping dept was fantastic. Only downside was that every single item of glassware was broken when it got here, despite being bubble wrapped.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud ofHippygran2 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We used John Mason (a Liverpool-based company, I think). We had absoliutely no problems with them - nothing broken or damaged, very helpful and professional. The two guys that came to pack for us were great, typical Liverpool sense of humour but made an excellent job (we kept them supplied with tea & munchies). The itemised list of boxes was well done so it was easy to pick out the ones for MAF when our stuff arrived here. We also had no problems this end either.

Cheers

Joan
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hippygran2
Hi,

We used John Mason (a Liverpool-based company, I think). We had absoliutely no problems with them - nothing broken or damaged, very helpful and professional. The two guys that came to pack for us were great, typical Liverpool sense of humour but made an excellent job (we kept them supplied with tea & munchies). The itemised list of boxes was well done so it was easy to pick out the ones for MAF when our stuff arrived here. We also had no problems this end either.

Cheers

Joan
We used JM too and ditto what Hippygran2 says!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Mrchris40 is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Robinsons and were very impressed with their service (and price). Our gear not due until mid December so cannot judge them on that side of things until then!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Another on john mason. quoting could have been better but the process from then on was good, great packers, boxes wll labelled and no major damage. A couple of tiny dinks on the fridge and a small dent in a fry pan was the worst we suffered but both more than useable.... they were more than a third cheaper too than the other quotes we got...

the only word of caution is a shared container is a good option as they go on the more reliable maersk line, sole use go the other way so can be more prone to issues....
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all your replies!!

I can get some quotes now and decide

thanks again.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting reading, however can anyone tell me how far ahead I need to get a shipping company booked, we hope to go in February 2012 but currently doing the ITA.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

I think you can book for whenever..?

Last edited by chief.brody; Nov 23rd 2011 at 2:22 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:57 am
Just Joined

bassking is a jewel in the roughbassking is a jewel in the roughbassking is a jewel in the roughbassking is a jewel in the rough

I can't recommend one, but I can recommend you avoid Allfreight!