Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A good reason to live in NZ

A good reason to live in NZ

Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default A good reason to live in NZ

from a friend who lives in Australia - errrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh - found on their kitchen floor in sydney! sends shivers down my spine!

(hopefully i've managed to upload the photo correctly - not sure i know how to do it!)
Attached Thumbnails A good reason to live in NZ-154367_10151327440690985_233491008_n.jpg  
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A good reason to live in NZ

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
from a friend who lives in Australia - errrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh - found on their kitchen floor in sydney! sends shivers down my spine!

(hopefully i've managed to upload the photo correctly - not sure i know how to do it!)
Indeed.
B*locks to that
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:49 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

That's a small one. I've got a picture somewhere....I'll be back.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:51 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Sod that!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:57 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest one I've seen was about 7 inches across including legs. Evil looking sods but actually quite harmless.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:57 am
221b Baker Street

Sorry, mucked that right up. Here it is. Those are not my curtains BTW.
Attached Thumbnails A good reason to live in NZ-health-bar-spider.jpg  
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
The biggest one I've seen was about 7 inches across including legs. Evil looking sods but actually quite harmless.
Must be scary when you first see one!

I know the smaller ones are the more dangerous, so my eldest daughter just informed me
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:00 am

Sorry, mucked that right up. Here it is. Those are not my curtains BTW.
I'd be more scared of snakes
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:02 am
221b Baker Street

I take it that there are no nasty looking or poisonous spiders in NZ?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:09 am

I take it that there are no nasty looking or poisonous spiders in NZ?
Just a white tail spider that can give some people a Nasty reaction if bitten.

I've had a few in my house
Attached Thumbnails A good reason to live in NZ-image.jpg  
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:20 am
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by love30stm

It's the white tail here as well.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

we had more than a few two years ago - one dropped out of the light fitting in the bathroom onto the sink, where I was about to clean my teeth. That was enough for me Spiderban were called and came the next day.

I know that it's their business, but the stories of whitetail bites from the guy that did the spraying, and the consequences, were a bit gross

and then to cap it all, my friend got bitten and her foot swelled up like crazy and she couldn't walk for a few days. And the doctor's verdict was ------ spider bite in her house.

Hmmm Spiderban every year for me now

Jan
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
we had more than a few two years ago - one dropped out of the light fitting in the bathroom onto the sink, where I was about to clean my teeth. That was enough for me Spiderban were called and came the next day.

I know that it's their business, but the stories of whitetail bites from the guy that did the spraying, and the consequences, were a bit gross

and then to cap it all, my friend got bitten and her foot swelled up like crazy and she couldn't walk for a few days. And the doctor's verdict was ------ spider bite in her house.

Hmmm Spiderban every year for me now

Jan
Holy crap! We had one that dropped on my youngest daughters face while in bed!!! Luckily she was ok we caught it in a jug it was big.

My husband sprays the house every year now
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap! We had one that dropped on my youngest daughters face while in bed!!! Luckily she was ok we caught it in a jug it was big.

What do you use to spray, and where do you spray it? I hadn't realised it was possible to prevent spiders, can't stand them!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Whitetails eat other spiders. So in the Spring they are very small but they grow quite big over the next few months....

Jan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.