Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Good Pubs at venue cities for England matches in RWC?

Good Pubs at venue cities for England matches in RWC?

Old May 27th 2011, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Harrison47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Pubs at venue cities for England matches in RWC?

Hi all,
I'm a Pom living in Tassie and coming over to NZ for the Rugby World Cup following England though happy to see any of the games really. Am where the England team will be playing for all but the Quarter Final when I'll be in Wellington so I'd hope to get to the best pubs for atmosphere around the matches.
Thanks for the input!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:18 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Pubs at venue cities for England matches in RWC?

Bloody Poms!
Can't help, however, Wales and Ireland (and Sud Ofreeka) are heading to Taupo for there bases.
So, in the spirit of the OP,in descending order....Shed, Mullies, Pitch, Finns, Mole and Chicken, Jolly Good Fellows....and of course, Breakers for a cheap but spot on feed!
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:51 am
Just Joined

anewstart is an unknown quantity at this point

For Auckland game I'd suggest O'Hagan's - it's in the Viaduct Harbour area so you've got nice views of the harbour while you sink a few pre-match beers. They have a large screen and will be showing the game. Post match, you can celebrate in the harbour area with the best choice of bars and restaurants in Auckland. http://www.mydestination.com/newzeal...gans-irish-pub

For Dunedin, just head to the Octagon area where the main downtown bars are - try The terrace Sports bar - self explanatory. Again you're in the main place for bars etc so you have choices!

http://www.mydestination.com/newzeal...he-terrace-bar

I'm in Auckland and an england fan so happy to cheer on the boys with you...
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:41 am
Just Joined

I'm in Dunedin and have tickets for the England v Argentina and England Romania matches though happy to share a beer in a pub watching the other games or before or after the match itself.
If that suits anyone over in Dunedin?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Harrison47
I'm in Dunedin and have tickets for the England v Argentina and England Romania matches though happy to share a beer in a pub watching the other games or before or after the match itself.
If that suits anyone over in Dunedin?
Me and a couple of poms will be around Dunners for a couple of games, my friend lives in Dunners and im coming down from Oamaru.

We will be in the Irish pub for sure.. Cant remember what road its on but i think there is only one irish pub in Dunners. Il let ya know when etc.

Gary
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wessa
Me and a couple of poms will be around Dunners for a couple of games, my friend lives in Dunners and im coming down from Oamaru.

We will be in the Irish pub for sure.. Cant remember what road its on but i think there is only one irish pub in Dunners. Il let ya know when etc.

Gary
That's great! I'll wait for your update!

Gaz
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:41 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa

Gary
There's the Craic in the Octgon, but it is quite small so get there early. Or the Bog at the student (north) end of town.

I imagine the Duke of Wellington will be packed out on game day (a couple blocks north of Railway station) so I would recommend being flexible where you get a drink from. Around the Octagon is a good place to start
Old Sep 4th 2011, 6:32 am
Just Joined

I'll get a Kiwi simcard and bung the number on here once known as I'll be there for the duration of the tournament so certainly out most nights as a result!
H