Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

good post site, bad post site

good post site, bad post site

Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good post site, bad post site

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Do you never get bored of being a troll ?
Oh the irony.

Do you ever get bored of trolling someone who isn't a troll, by (wrongly) accusing them of being a troll?

Hypocrite.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

and again here are the personal shots at each other - just what is this point of this and what is hoped to be achieved by this?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:02 am

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
We might end up with one lone Kiwi spouse among a load of Brits and other naionalities and that is invariably awkward on many levels and people aren't generally themselves.
What happens to make it awkward? Do all your friends feel that way, even the one married to the kiwi?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:08 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Oh the irony.

Do you ever get bored of trolling someone who isn't a troll, by (wrongly) accusing them of being a troll?

Hypocrite.
Your arrogance is funny rather than breathtaking. To bad I won't be around to watch you fall. Oh that's right, no doubt you'll justify any 'failure' of your plan as you can never be wrong. I heard that John Key will be at the airport to welcome you personally to New Zealand. Is that right ?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
What happens to make it awkward? Do all your friends feel that way, even the one married to the kiwi?
I'm actually wondering if you have considered how the lone kiwi feels. Perhaps the awkwardness says something about you, as well as the kiwi. Dunno ... just thinking aloud.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually wondering if you have considered how the lone kiwi feels.
I said it was awkward on may levels and yes that includes feeling pity for the lone Kiwi who has to put up with endless drivel about Tescos, Marks and Spencers, Jaffa cakes ad infinitum and my not having a specilised cupboard from which I can draw interesting conversational titbits on Rugby, motor cars or the price of houses.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:39 am

Right you are then. I wish there was something I could do to make your experiences with us more enjoyable. But alas, it's an impossible task for one man to reform 4 million people into meaningful conversationalists, plus eliminating all the other levels of awkardness, with Brit Expat Bo Jangles (and her friends, including the ones married to kiwis, and some other Brit Expats). So unfortunately I'm going to have to pass ...
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Right you are then. I wish there was something I could do to make your experiences with us more enjoyable. But alas, it's an impossible task for one man to reform 4 million people into meaningful conversationalists, plus eliminating all the other levels of awkardness, with Brit Expat Bo Jangles (and her friends, including the ones married to kiwis, and some other Brit Expats). So unfortunately I'm going to have to pass ...

And as expected, we can't have an open and civilised conversation without your getting all sulky and taking it personally.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:45 am

And as expected, we can't have an open and civilised conversation without your getting all sulky and taking it personally.
Sorry. Did that post sound like I was taking it personally??? If you read it. I was actually wishing there was something I could do to help. Well, thats what I thought I was saying.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 8:55 am

Perhaps its a good example of the different wavelengths?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Your arrogance is funny rather than breathtaking. To bad I won't be around to watch you fall. Oh that's right, no doubt you'll justify any 'failure' of your plan as you can never be wrong. I heard that John Key will be at the airport to welcome you personally to New Zealand. Is that right ?
No sure what the John Key jibe is about ... ?

What you have to realise is that you think I'm on here on the wind up. You don't trust my story either. Both of which are fine, because the truth is I haven't posted anything that is untrue. So out me as a troll all you want, because you're so very wrong, the last laugh will be on you.

Call me arrogant all you want too, because of course you realise that to call someone "arrogant" by it's very definition would be construed as a compliment by that person?

Keep bringing it (thought I suspect others on here will get bored of reading it), I have nothing to deny or hide. I've been honest with my story and with my opinions. You wont be the first, nor the last person to take umbrage at my forthright views, but like any forum, there is the keyboard warrior - the bully behind the computer.

I might come across as arrogant, patronising, condesending. But one thing I am not and never has been or will be is a bully.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
I'm not what you'd call a regular here, more a regular dipper, and more likely to dip in when there's bugger all else to do........sorry mods
Hey. It's always lovely to see you.

it seems that if you have anything bad to say about NZ then certain members are jumping down other certain members throats, (cyber like speaking), at the moment.
I know. Very embarrassing to read to be honest given we're both part of this community .

So my thought for today is perhaps we ought to have a happy and not happy section - that way the Mr Angry among us won't have to read posts/subjects that will get them so angry that they have to fill up the topic with personal attacks
Quite. Absolutely.

Agree wholeheartedly with you, Sparkie. Its the worst I have ever known in a lot of years with so much spite and anger, its very off putting to old and new member alike. Clearly there's a lot of point scoring and egging on going on in the background.
Agree.

If people do want to take extremist sides then I might suggest:
expatforum.com for the ridiculously happy, where all posts are moderated within an inch of their life and sanitised of any reality and negativity or take it to expatexposed.com which would be at the opposite end of the spectrum.
Yup.

BE is for adults . Not this pile of rubbish.

So this is how it goes. If you can't play nice, don't play at all.
I'm off to bed so there will be no more bun fighting tonight.